Cake Push Pops

Baking By allycat141 Updated 17 Mar 2017 , 10:19pm by allycat141

allycat141 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycat141 Posted 17 Mar 2017 , 10:44am
post #1 of 3

Hello

I'm hoping someone can help. I have started making cake push pops but am having a problem working out how much cake mixture I need so as not to run short or have too much. I have a request for 12 cake push pops and want to bake them in a tin not cupcake holders. The cake isn't coming out level so some parts can't be used. I used the Hummingbird recipe and had to make 3 times the amount just to get 12 out of it.

Any ideas please would be very helpful. I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Mar 2017 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 3

Well, you just have to level the cake layer like you would when making a cake.  Use a knife, Aghbay, dental floss - however you normally level your cakes.  Then cut the little circles (I use the cake pushpop cylinder itself), and stuff the cake circles in there.  

I don't understand why you'd use cupcake papers anyway . . .  You basically just need sheet/slab cake that's thin, and then you cut out the circles. 

allycat141 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycat141 Posted 17 Mar 2017 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply. I don't want the layers too thin and I am using the cylinder to cut them out. I just wanted to know approximately how much batter to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%