How Can I Do This Without Fondant???

Decorating By Cakemomma5 Updated 17 Mar 2017 , 6:14pm by GoWildCakes

Cakemomma5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemomma5 Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 8

I have a guy wanting me to make a cake similar to this for his wife's b-day... I don't have an edible printer and can't find this picture from any website that does edible prints to order. Also he doesn't want it on fondant, he wants all butter cream.  Is this cake still possible?  If so,  please give me tips!  Thank you in advance!  How Can I Do This Without Fondant???

7 replies
yellowdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowdog Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 8

I don't know if I can explain my thinking here or not; maybe someone else could explain this better, but, have you thought of an icing transfer?  Maybe find this image in a coloring book or poster; do a reverse image in buttercream or royal icing; freeze it and then transfer it onto the side of the cake.  Hope this makes any sense.  Good luck.

508Desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
508Desserts Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 4:37am
post #3 of 8

Yes, it is possible :) cover the cake in crusting buttercream /regular buttercream. You can go here 

http://www.ediblepictures.net that's her page and you can email her direct [email protected]

She is based in Michigan and makes all my edible images. Find the closest image as possible that resembles the example your client provided. Once you have the image carefully cut/trim and place it on the cake. You can also go to your local bakery, or other baking supply store and have them print the image for you.

Do a google search beauty and the beast black and white images . here i found it for you. Hopefully you can open the link http://img.cakesdecor.com/f_auto/aaDSCN6386fb_qer79l.jpg

Cakemomma5 Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 8

Yellow dog,  thank you!  I had thought of that but I know he really wants it to look like the picture and I k ow that will change it tremendously!!  Thank you!  :) 

Cakemomma5 Posted 14 Mar 2017 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 8

508desserts,  wow!!!  You are a life saver!!!!  Thank you so so much!!  I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get it copied or not because of copyright issues!  Thank you again!!!  

508Desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
508Desserts Posted 15 Mar 2017 , 1:53am
post #6 of 8

You are welcome :)  I would like to see your final masterpiece :)

Cakemomma5 Posted 17 Mar 2017 , 3:59am
post #7 of 8

You got it!!  

GoWildCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GoWildCakes Posted 17 Mar 2017 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 8

Be careful about copyright restrictions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%