Where Can I Get A Tool For This Decoration?

Decorating By Haynie Updated 22 Feb 2017 , 1:07am by -K8memphis

Haynie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Haynie Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 12

Hello all,

i've been asked to create a similar beautiful cake as it is on this photo.

i'm not sure if those straight lines were made with royal icing...? I am looking for an alternative solution...maybe a stencil or an imprint roller? 

Anybody has an idea where can I get them from, I've searched online but nothing like this came up.

thank you very much in advance!!

11 replies
Haynie Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 12

fondantslinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantslinger Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 12

Hi

Try evil cake genius. They have awesome stencils an if you need something different they make custom ones too. Awesome people to work with.

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 12

i actually have a rolling pin that would do that in a snap -- i did a google search for that image and every link was in spanish or portugese or not english blush -- so i'm mostly english with a little pig latin oink oink --

anyhow that looks like a panel of a fondant-like medium or some combination of fondant and candy clay or whatever -- rolled or imprinted then cut and applied to the side --

my best guess and my best to you

and there's probably some great embossing panels available too

-K8memphis Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 11:36pm
post #6 of 12

-K8memphis Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 12

i don't know where i got it though

Haynie Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 3:57am
post #8 of 12

Thank you for all your help. I've found this stencil on evil cake genius. Do you think it would work??

Haynie Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 3:58am
post #9 of 12

fondantslinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantslinger Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 4:05am
post #10 of 12

Yes.  Their stencils are so easy to work with but best of all if you have trouble or confused just e-mail them an they will get right back to you an help you thru it. 

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 5:37am
post #11 of 12

Looking at the pic of the cake, I believe you will come closer and have greater satisfaction for your client with the roller than the stencil. The stencil vertical stripes to not look close enough together in comparison to the roller.

-K8memphis Posted 22 Feb 2017 , 1:07am
post #12 of 12

i wonder if:

now skewers won't work  because they vary in size -- but if you bought a couple dozen of the tiniest dowel you can find and laid them all out flat right next to each other and taped them securely together across the top and across the bottom -- leaving enough room to lay the mid section of dowel that's not taped across your piece of fondant -- then take a rolling pin and carefully evenly roll over them -- or squish it down somehow --

MAYBE that would work -- maybe not but i just had this stray thought that it might work -- and then of course repeat until all is imprinted and applied --

or maybe just one dozen because i think they come in 3 feet lengths? -- you could cut them into foot long lengths and try it  --

or instead of tape hot glue them onto a piece of paper --

this is either brilliant or stupendously ridiculous stuck_out_tongue grinning

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%