Chocolate Wedding Cake

Baking By cmakconfections Updated 10 Feb 2017 , 12:29am by me_me1

cmakconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmakconfections Posted 8 Feb 2017 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 4

Hello fellow bakers-

I need some advice about chocolate cake! I am doing a wedding cake that will be 14" on the base and then goes up from there ending with 8" on the top. The bride has requested chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. She made a very good choice because my chocolate cake is one of my best sellers. Having said that, it is very very moist and I am worried that it will not be strong enough to tier to that extent. Any suggestions on how to stiffen the cake enough to be confident in stacking it without changing the flavor too much?? Thanks everyone!!

3 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 9 Feb 2017 , 2:55am
post #2 of 4

Your support system is holding up the tiers... not the actual cake...

If you have a good support system, you should be able to stack any type of cake...

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 9 Feb 2017 , 2:55am
post #3 of 4

Your support system is holding up the tiers... not the actual cake...

If you have a good support system, you should be able to stack any type of cake...

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 10 Feb 2017 , 12:29am
post #4 of 4

I've been trying to respond to posts for a couple of days now but keep getting errors.

But yes, exactly as AAtKT said... it's all about your support system. My choc wedding cake recipe is very soft and moist when at room temp. Once filled and chilled though it stacks very nicely and I've used that recipe for probably the vast majority of my wedding cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%