Friday Night Cake Club For 2/3/17

Decorating By catlharper Updated 6 Feb 2017 , 3:34am by GIGGLEBOX2014

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 5:31am
post #1 of 27

Starting up another session of the FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week,photos of their work, ask for help if needed or help out if they can!

Cat

26 replies
catlharper Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 5:32am
post #2 of 27

Hey everyone!

Late night for me. After work I had to go shopping for food for Super Bowl! I won't actually be watching it, I'll be working, but the rest of the family will be at my house chowing down so the food had to be bought! LOL!

Hope to see lots of fun cakes this week!

Cat

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 6:11am
post #3 of 27

Well today's the day,  my first wedding cake!! I am stacking it at the venue but I needed to see what it looked like first!!

catlharper Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 27

@shellbell181 ‍ It's perfection! Seriously! I'll bet they are simply thrilled by it!! Congrats!

Cat

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 27

Quote by @catlharper on 7 minutes ago

@shellbell181 ‍ It's perfection! Seriously! I'll bet they are simply thrilled by it!! Congrats!

Cat

thank you so much!! Delivery went very smoothly now I can relax!!

ashleyjoyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyjoyk Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 27

Friday Night Cake Club For 2/3/17I'm really proud of this cake! I've been working on doing realistic roses for quite a while now and I think this is about the closest I have come! Also this is my first time using cake lace, which I was really nervous about, but I think it came out pretty good :) 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 27

@shellbell181 ‍ perfection! The toppers are just adorable. 

I am working on a last minute birthday cake for my daughter in law. 

Marian64 Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 5:23pm
post #8 of 27

@ashleyjoyk ‍ beautiful and your roses are amazing!

Dee0024 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee0024 Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 7:16pm
post #9 of 27

Friday Night Cake Club For 2/3/17tried to spread my horizon and do somewhat of a mega cake with brownie layers

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 7:35pm
post #10 of 27

Good afternoon!

no baking for me for the next couple of weeks!

@catlharper ‍ too bad you're doing all the prep for superbowl and could not watch the game. Bummer

@shellbell181 ‍ what a beautiful cake. Everything look so clean and perfect. Congratulation on your first wedding cake! Job well done.

@ashleyjoyk ‍ I love your cake! The light gold color on the lace and leaves looks so good paired with the coral ombre ruffles.

@Dee0024 ‍ that cake looks decadent and yummy!

ashleyjoyk Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 8:40pm
post #11 of 27

@Dee0024 wow! That looks SO good! I actually like brownies so much more than cake lol - is that cookie crumbs on top and the bottom?

Dee0024 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee0024 Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 10:03pm
post #12 of 27

@shellbell181 ‍ 1 The dogs on the top are really cute( I wonder what made them want that). For your first wedding cake that's really nice.

@ashleyjoyk ‍ yes, those are cookie crumbs lol my mom for some reason thought it was brown sugar. Btw I love your roses! I'm hoping to master mine this upcoming weekend.

@Laetia Thank you, a glass of milk is recommended while eating this cake lol.

Marian64 Posted 5 Feb 2017 , 12:08am
post #13 of 27

@Dee0024 ‍ oh my that cake looks delicious ! 

I tried the 2 yellow cakes for the scratch off for my daughter in laws birthday. Because what is better than yellow cake with chocolate frosting. 

They love the outdoors and kayaking so I decorated one of them.

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 5 Feb 2017 , 4:26pm
post #14 of 27

This was my only fun this week. 10/8/6 inch vanilla, all buttercream. Our friend had given me a pic of a cake that they wanted me to make it similar to.

Friday Night Cake Club For 2/3/17Friday Night Cake Club For 2/3/17

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 5 Feb 2017 , 4:26pm
post #15 of 27

Unsure why it posted sideways?  Lol

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 5 Feb 2017 , 10:26pm
post #16 of 27

@shellbell181 ‍ your cake is perfection!  Great work!

@ashleyjoyk ‍ your roses are beautiful!  Pretty cake :-) 

@Dee0024 ‍ that cake looks delicious.

@Marian64 ‍ love your kayaking cake!  Did you make the figures?

@GIGGLEBOX2014 ‍ your cake is adorable!  Love the pigs :-) 

I had a bit of a goof and double booked myself for yesterday so I was very thankful when one of the cakes got moved to today.  First up was Pokeman Pikachu for Ewan's 7th birthday.  This is the third year that I've made his cake and it's always interesting to see what he requests.  I'm not great at carving so this cake stressed me out.  The proportions aren't quite right but I don't totally hate him. Lol. The ball is made from 50/50 modeling chocolate/fondant.

My second cake was for a Paw Patrol themed birthday.  Harvey's favorite character is Skye but his mom wanted to make sure the cake didn't look girlie and she only wanted fondant for details.  Marshall is funfetti cake with vanilla butercream, Skye is marble cake with chocolate buttercream and the cupcakes are red velvet with cream cheese icing.  I totally designed on the fly and couldn't make a paw print to save my soul so went with all bones on the cupcakes.  I was tired while working on this one and I think it shows.  The main thing is Harvey's mom was happy with it!

kstevens Posted 5 Feb 2017 , 10:28pm
post #17 of 27

kstevens Posted 5 Feb 2017 , 10:29pm
post #18 of 27

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 12:26am
post #19 of 27

@kstevens ‍ Thanks lady!!  The pigs were my favorite to make!!  As usual your cakes are fantastic!! 

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 12:43am
post #20 of 27

@shellbell181 ‍ congratulations on your first wedding cake! It looks absolutely gorgeous - so clean and lovely.

Everyone else's cakes look fantastic too - especially that choc brownie one @Dee0024 ‍   I'm the same, much prefer brownies to cake!

I only had my niece's 4th birthday cake to make for this weekend. We had been in design discussions for months and while she very much wanted a Frozen castle cake, she also wanted Skye from Paw Patrol on there so I did her a little Skye figurine as well as Elsa, Anna and Olaf. Her favourite parts were Skye and the isomalt ice shards.

I also made her some special sugar cookies in the shapes of snowflakes with 'Karri is 4' embossed on them. Perhaps slightly overboard for a casual bbq in the garden kid's party but heck, I've got the stuff so why not!! 

me_me1 Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 12:44am
post #21 of 27

me_me1 Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 12:47am
post #22 of 27

Just realised I forgot to put Skye on the cake when I took a photo at home before taking it to the party - woops!

I love it when the kids all gather around the birthday cake and are quiet for the first time since arriving at the party, just waiting for their slice of cake!

ashleyjoyk Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 1:12am
post #23 of 27

I love the frozen cake! I'm so over frozen anything lol but it's adorable.

However........are those mini cookies or is that a leaf platter?! If that is a leaf platter, I am in love with it and would love to know where you got it?!

me_me1 Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 2:14am
post #24 of 27

Haha, I know what you mean - a bit over Frozen myself!  But, it was what my gorgeous little niece wanted so what could I do!   

It is indeed a leaf platter! It's gorgeous and I love it. It's about 40-50cm long including the leaf stem. I got it from a little gift shop near my work in Perth. The shop is called TruGem and I don't know if they've got a website but their facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/TruGemGifts/ 

They have all sorts of gorgeous things!

ashleyjoyk Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 2:45am
post #25 of 27

I totally understand lol thankfully my kids are over frozen too but I'm pretty sure this will be the 3rd year in a row for a minecraft cake for my son lol. Thank you for the link! I am going to check it out :)

Marian64 Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 3:13am
post #26 of 27

@kstevens ‍ yes I made the little figures myself. They were basic but I thought they were cute. As always your cakes are amazing but I love the pikachu cake.

@me_me1 ‍what a lucky girl your niece is and of course there is no reason you shouldn't go overboard. I love the frozen cake and your little figures are adorable.

@GIGGLEBOX2014 ‍ love your farm cake and the pigs are my favorite too!

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 6 Feb 2017 , 3:34am
post #27 of 27

@Marian64 ‍ Thanks! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%