What Is This Design Called?

Decorating By micaelasmami Updated 17 Jan 2017 , 7:09pm by micaelasmami

micaelasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micaelasmami Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 6

[postimage id="6244" thumb="900"]

What is this design?I need to make a cake similar to this, but I don't know what the black design is called so I can order a cutter or stencil

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 6

damask

micaelasmami Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you!!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 6

:)

elsavelazquez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elsavelazquez Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 6

I own some damask stencils. I have Designer Stencils brand, and a better set from The Evil Cake Genius.

The Evil Cake Genius' stencils are the better stencil because they're not your usual plastic stencil like the Designer Stencil brand. Her stencils are made from a very, VERY lightweight fabric-type webbing. The way they're made is ideal for cakes because the stencil must wrap around your cake, effortlessly, without damaging/poking/marring your cake.

Evil Cake Genius has an awesome site with TONS of instructional videos and she's HILARIOUS!! You'll have fun learning from her. She shows you how to use the stencils and because she's a cake decorator with a business, she has tons of gorgeous examples/ideas for using all her stencils.

I recently bought the stencil set that Avalon Yarnes created for her: The Flower Wreath set with stencils that are in modern calligraphy messages, like: "Happy Birthday" "always forever", etc. 

Word of caution though. You'll want everything on that site. I've bought her cake bench scrapers and they've changed my life. There's nothing she's ever invented that hasn't changed my cake life!!

Another great thing about her products? With each order, she gives you a FREE STENCIL whose theme matches the month you're purchasing. For example: I'm receiving a free heart-shaped 'love' message stencil that I plan on using for cookies, as well as on some mini cakes I'm making for my siblings.

Their customer service is outstanding, also. When I went to checkout, her PROMO CODE for the free stencil wouldn't work. I emailed them before purchasing and I got a response back at 9pm, my time, which meant I didn't have to wait two days to place my order.

DAMASK STENCILS: All of them:

http://evilcakegenius.com/index.php/avalon-calligraphy-messages-mesh-stencil-set.html

WREATH SET: http://evilcakegenius.com/index.php/avalon-calligraphy-messages-mesh-stencil-set.html

Disclaimer: I'm NOT affiliated with any companies I mentioned. I only share about products that  I actually use.

micaelasmami Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%