Need Some Ideas

Decorating By rocketmom1985 Updated 13 Dec 2016 , 9:48pm by Bmarco

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 5

I am just a hobby baker but belong to a cake club in South Texas. As a club we do a birthday celebration cake or cupcakes for a local orphanage. The idea is that all the kids birthdays that fall in the month are celebtprated together on the 30th of the month.  I usually do November so I can play with Christmas ideas and colors and toppers (I like to do cupcakes as it is easier on the workers... ) but this year I am doing December 30th. I am trying to come up with a winter idea...-and  since most of the kids have never seen snow I thought a chocolate clay  snowflake would be fun.  Hubby says that might be a bit too much sugar.   I would just do a chocolate or vanilla cupcake with a swirl tip and stick the chocolate snowflake in...last year I did the ice cream cone cup pies with red and green sprinkles.

anyone have any other ideas? 

thanks!

4 replies
Bmarco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bmarco Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 5

Are you making these for them, or are they all participating in a a workshop to make together?

maybe a snowman made out of marshmallows on a cupcake?

https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/snowman-cupcakes/

Bmarco Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 5

BTW, this is a FABULOUS idea and I am going to start it here at one of the local shelters.  Thank you for doing good things int his world!  It's contagious!

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks...we all need to do a little something  those who have less.  Toys for tots, the angel tree and donating for food baskets is a privilege as I have been so blessed in my life.  One of the ladies at my retirement park makes simple fabric teddy bears for displaced kids here in the Rio Grande Vallet and donates them to local social outreach programs (no eyes or other things a child can hurt themselves with) and she has has graciously made a bear for each child for me to take when I deliver the treats.  Our cake club has been doing this birthday idea for a number of years and some of the cakes have been truly beautiful! I have only been a member for four or so years  

I do like the idea of a snowman too!  The kids won't doing any of the decorating, I will just be stopping by and dropping off the treats  

Thanks for being inspired....it makes my heart ❤️ feel good!

Quote by @Bmarco on 3 minutes ago

BTW, this is a FABULOUS idea and I am going to start it here at one of the local shelters.  Thank you for doing good things int his world!  It's contagious!

Bmarco Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 5

I have always helped remotely (dropping off toys, sponsoring families financially at the shelters, etc.) - but always wanted to figure out a way to blend baking with being a more hands-on volunteer... and children are my world... so this is amazing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%