Forum Rules?

Lounge By Writecakes Updated 3 Dec 2016 , 9:01pm by Writecakes

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 12:56am
post #1 of 9

I did a search and clicked around but can't seem to find the Forum Rules.   Can someone please let me know if you know where I can find them?   I had a post removed and trying to figure out what I did wrong.   Thanks so much.

8 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 4:14am
post #2 of 9

You probably did nothing wrong. The decision-makers have been known to be arbitrary. Next thing you know, this post will be disappeared. (Maybe even the entire thread.)

Writecakes Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you so much for your reply. I posted a link to the cookie dough board my husband and I spent months designing and testing. I didn't know if it was the link or advertising but we made this with Cake Central members in mind. I sent a request some time ago asking if it was okay to post and how we could offer Cake Central members a discount. I found similar posts in many threads about the dough boards and other products so I didn't understand why mine was removed. Just made me feel sad we worked so hard to bring this to Cake Central and then it was deleted.     I'm baffled.  

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 9

I don't know where the rules can be found, but over the years I have become aware that it is not permissible to sell or advertise, and I believe your post was to promote a product.  HTH

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 9

i see what you mean -- think of this way -- this message board sells advertising -- that's one of the ways it exists -- so if you post about your product in a thread you are getting it for free -- which you probably didn't realize at the time 

for example icing images advertises here and she often often helps out in wonderful ways and posts about the edible images

also when it comes to other products being posted about -- like if i found your board online and i mentioned it here that's different than you, as the owner of the rolling cookie board advertising/posting it in order to be helpful yes but also to make a profit --

if you want you can certainly buy advertising here but i am only explaining why all the products posted by the owners get removed -- assuming the cc owners see it and the product peeps haven't paid to advertise --

i am just a fellow poster here -- i'm not an admin or official anything -- i'm just 'splaining it as i understand it --

i was thinking about your creation though and i thought it well done that you have it so any rolling pin will work -- i have one that is 16X16 and there are several different thicknesses you can use it to roll out and it came with a long rolling pin -- it was about sixty bucks 10 years ago -- so i really liked your product and your price -- well done!

the one i have is often out of stock, discontinuted but i found it for sale maybe --and not to mention $95! oh yeah it says not currently available --

this is mine:  http://www.armchair.com/store/gourmet/baking/cookies/cookieboard1.html

Writecakes Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 9
I completely understand if my post violated the rules of selling or advertising. That is why I sent the request some time ago to post it and offer a discount to Cake Central members as it was made with them in mind. When I read the forum posts about cookie boards no longer being available or not being cost effective, my husband and I got to work creating one that would be an affordable, well-made alternative.

I also noticed there were plenty of links posted on product recommendations clear back to 2005 that were not deleted, so I assumed I was somewhat following the rules. I'm not trying to be aggressive about selling this board. I just worked hard on it and believe in it.

I guess it's kind of funny that the very place we made the product for will not allow us to talk about it. I've been a member of Cake Central for 8 years now. It has certainly changed a lot over that time.
Writecakes Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you so very much for the kind comments about our board. It really means so much to me.    :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 5:57pm
post #8 of 9

you are so welcome -- giving a discount to cc members doesn't address the issue of getting free advertising and selling for free on here -- the owners of cc make money selling advertising -- giving fellow board members a discount does not pay for the adverts -- see what i mean?

yes tons and tons of products are discussed but if you are selling one of them that's a different ball game, capiche?

you can buy advertising on here and promote your board and sell away 

as far as i know and i've been here a long time -- it's always been that way --

best to you

Writecakes Posted 3 Dec 2016 , 9:01pm
post #9 of 9

I actually had edited my post to say that in my previous emails to them I did ask about the cost of advertising - but I guess my edit didn't show up. I don't know how much it would be to advertise, but I'm more than willing to follow the rules and procedures. I just have yet to get any information about them.

I have been a member here for a long time and have posted helpful links and ideas when I could.  I wanted to respect the process for this idea but have really lost my inspiration for sharing. I truly appreciate all of your responses. Thank you for your advice and encouragement. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%