Christmas Themed Cake/treat Boxes

Business By sweetooth94 Updated 28 Nov 2016 , 11:10pm by sweetooth94

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 16 Nov 2016 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 9

I can not find CHRISTMAS/winter themed 6"x6" or 7"x7" boxes this year anywhere!   Here is a photo of what I have used in the past - I package up mini gobs (whoopee pies) and sell them to customers at Christmas time.  This is the first year I have run into this problem.  I know it's hard to tell by the photo, but they are the size of a small cake box (I think these were 6-1/2" x 6"1/2"  and either 3 or 4" tall).  The last few years I found them at DollarTree stores.  They came packaged with 2 matching boxes in each package, but they had 4 or 5 different patterns to choose from (I bought a few packs of each pattern) --- for $1!  Excellent price.  I added the ribbons/bow myself.[postimage id="5743" thumb="900"] I asked at my local DollarTree store and they don't have any this year, I checked their website and they aren't listed and I can't seem to find anything similar online.  (I have checked online at Walmart, Oriental Trading, BPR, PaperMart, Webstaurantstore, etc.)  I know I can order plain white 6x6 boxes and dress them up with ribbons and bows, but I REALLY wanted something like I have done in the past (like shown). 

I already have orders for Christmas this year - now I need boxes!  Can anyone help me find something like this?  I wanted them in bulk or 12-packs if I could find them!  PLEASE and thank you!

8 replies
640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 18 Nov 2016 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks @640Cake ‍ but I looked at the dimensions of these boxes and none of them are large enough to pack up 12 gobs in.  They sure are cute though, but they just aren't going to work for what I need them for.

kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 18 Nov 2016 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 9

Hey, I just looked on the dollar tree website and found these:

https://www.dollartree.com/Christmas-Design-Hinged-Tin-Boxes/p364688/index.pro

but they have a lot to choose from.

oops, just saw that is where you looked, so this probably isn't what you want.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 21 Nov 2016 , 2:47am
post #5 of 9

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Deluxe-Small-Business-Sales-250-060606C-9-6-x-6-x-6-inch-One-Piece-Gift-Boxes-White/48462432

all white but add a dramatic glittered bow and I think it presents well (pun intended)

johnson6ofus Posted 21 Nov 2016 , 2:56am
post #6 of 9

http://www.gadgetsandpresents.com/bgbw1833.html   gold matte gable boxes 100 for $49

johnson6ofus Posted 21 Nov 2016 , 3:05am
post #7 of 9
kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 21 Nov 2016 , 11:32am
post #8 of 9

I just picked up a bunch of boxes - small/large - at Walmart that were christmas themed. They had several sizes. I will try to take pictures and put them on here later today

sweetooth94 Posted 28 Nov 2016 , 11:10pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone.  I lucked out and found some at Hobby Lobby!!!  Great price too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%