Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By Jamie_L Updated 6 Nov 2016 , 2:31am by MBalaska

Jamie_L Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamie_L Posted 28 Oct 2016 , 12:29am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have a good recipe for chocolate fondant or a brand they would recommend?  I need to make a cake next weekend and I am not sure if I should try making the chocolate fondant or just buying some.  The last time I made chocolate fondant it was a crumbly mess. 

5 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 28 Oct 2016 , 2:46am
post #2 of 6

Modelling chocolate works great and tastes like tootsie rolls.

I use regular almond bark. Just melt one 24 ounce package of almond bark and stir in 1/2 cup of karo syrup. Turn out on waxed paper on the counter. As soon as it's cool enough to handle, knead out the excess oil. It will be crumbly and really messy, but when you get enough oil out of it, it will smooth out and be wonderful.

Now treat it just like fondant. Don't refrigerate it, but let it rest overnight. 

Good luck.

Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 28 Oct 2016 , 6:02am
post #3 of 6

I highly recommend Satin Ice for chocolate fondant - it also tastes like tootsie rolls.  I normally use Fondx for all of my fondant needs, but when it comes to chocolate, it's Satin Ice all the way ... yum!  I have won over many people who don't like fondant by giving them a taste of the chocolate fondant - they are floored by how good it is.

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 30 Oct 2016 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 6

Satin Ice is awesome! Tastes so good and easy to work with. No worries.

Jamie_L Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamie_L Posted 6 Nov 2016 , 1:32am
post #5 of 6

I went with the Satin Ice. Thanks for the advice. I was pleased with how the cake turned out.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 6 Nov 2016 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

Choco-Pan fondant

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%