MBalaska Posted 16 Oct 2016 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 8

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 16 Oct 2016 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 8

shellybbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellybbear Posted 16 Oct 2016 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks MBalaska!  These all seem very interesting.  I was wondering if anyone had tasted any of them and what their thoughts were?  I want to try them all, but will have to decide on which one to try first.

MBalaska Posted 16 Oct 2016 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 8

The 1st one that Kara demonstrates is the Lauren Kitchens recipe and I've made that a couple of times.  Very easy to make. Nice not to have to do any cooking and I could hardly tell the difference in the finished icing.  Just very slightly less silky in the texture, but not anything that most people would notice as it's still much silkier than a crusting American Buttercream.  A crusting buttercream has it's place and it's purpose for some designs, of course.

The other two hybrid recipes, I've not tried yet as they are new to me.  Trying new recipes has become an adventure for me, and I'll give it a go soon.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 17 Oct 2016 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 8

MBalaska, Thank you for posting these new recipes. I have wanted to try This SMB for some time now. This looks like even I could make!! It is greatly appreciated!!! If anyone could screw it up I surely could especially for the old recipe one that you have to cook.I can't wait to try this!!!

MBalaska Posted 17 Oct 2016 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 8

You're welcome.  I tried to put enough key words in the title so it would pop up on a search.  Cooked Swiss meringue buttercream with half the butter that most people use, is still my absolute favorite.  It is however, good to have easier quicker options with the pasteurized eggs for positive food safety concerns.

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 17 Oct 2016 , 11:51pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you for sharing :-).  I like trying out new recipes too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%