I Want To Stop Using Paypal But What To Use Instead??

Business By SweetTreatsbyJess Updated 15 Oct 2016 , 4:12pm by srichmond

SweetTreatsbyJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyJess Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 7

I have recently had 2 chargebacks come through via PayPal and after providing proof that they were fraudulent the funds were still taken from my account, totally around $300 :( So I'm looking for a provider that will actually stand by their sellers (customers)!! I have heard good things about Google Wallet and was going to try to use it but the 1st payment request I sent out I got an email from the client stating it wanted her to register for an account - which I don't want them to have to do. 

Does anyone have any suggestions??

6 replies
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 4 Oct 2016 , 1:21am
post #2 of 7

No one can use pay pal unless they sign in with a password and user name. Who ever did this knew your user name and password. Who else would know this information? I realize there are hackers on line so I guess your information could have been hacked. It is always good to have different passwords for everywhere you do online business.  Hopefully, you will get your money back!!! 

Sorry this happened to you. I have never had a problem with paypal so far, knock on wood!!

Someone once used my credit card one time when I went into a Mexican restaurant. Every time it gets used they email me immediately to make sure it was me that used it. When I got home from eating I checked my email so when I saw it, I immediately called my credit card company and stopped it before it went any further and I also called the place where they used it. They were going to have it shipped from an online purchase but it did not work because we got the address of where they wanted it shipped and they got caught very quickly. I did however cancel my card number and they shipped me out a new card that same day. It was a Latino person who worked at the restaurant where I went to eat at. 

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 4 Oct 2016 , 11:10am
post #3 of 7

She was talking about charge backs from customers...

You could try square... You then either swipe/tap or manually enter their card number and they can sign for it... There isn't a monthly fee or anything... Works right with your cell phone... I am not sure if you can invoice online... You'll have to check into it...

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 4 Oct 2016 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 7

I would definitely advise against a credit card company (with an actual scanner).  While they are convenient they are also expensive and they lock you into a contract that you can not get out of no matter what.  You have to pay per month and per transaction.

Julia ebay(sjstoner21 agbay flower cutters stress free supports)

SweetTreatsbyJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyJess Posted 4 Oct 2016 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, thanks! It wasn't credit card fraud but chargebacks issued by customers. I have a square reader! I'll have to look into their options. I would rather use a service where I don't need to ask for credit card numbers though, I prefer to do everything via text/email, so much easier for me! :) 

Does anyone have experience using Google Wallet? Thought maybe I'm just missing something  lol

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Oct 2016 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 7

I like Square a lot!

srichmond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srichmond Posted 15 Oct 2016 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 7

You can send an invoice thru Square. The customer gets it via email and then  follows the link to effect their own payment. It's super easy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%