Just wanted to share a new solution I found to my swiss meringue buttercream recipe, which some clients find too bland. I added a packet of powdered dream whip to my batch. Here's the recipe:
5 Egg Whites
1/3 c. Sugar
2 c. Unsalted Butter
2 t. Vanilla
1/2 t. Salt
1 Packet Powdered Dream Whip
- Place egg whites and sugar in metal mixing bowl and heat over a double boiler on medium heat, stirring constantly, until temperature reaches 140 degrees farenheight.
- Attach the bowl to the stand mixer with wisk attachment and wisk on medium speed for 10 minutes, or until meringue is at room temp.
- Increase speed to high and beat two more minutes.
- decrease speed to medium and gradually add the butter.
- Add the vanilla, salt and Dream Whip and mix until combined.
For 5 egg whites a whole cup of granulated sugar in my recipe.
My recipe is 4 large egg whites, 1 (Australian 250ml cup) caster sugar and 360gm butter. Vanilla etc to taste.
I was going to say the same as the others I use 4 egg whites to 1 cup of sugar.
Thanks for the recipe because I have been wanting to try this kind of buttercream!! I am putting dream whip on my list to buy so I have it in the cabinet for my cake.
I usually use
5 egg whites
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
2 tsp vanilla
And my trick to make it sweeter and creamier is to add 8g of good quility white chocolate. White chocolat is pretty much sugar, cream and vanilla so when you melt it down mix it in (make sure it's room temp!) it makes the frosting sooo yummy and no one ever guesses that it has white chocolate in it!