Swiss Dot Pattern

Decorating By CakesByCeci Updated 15 Sep 2016 , 1:54am by me_me1

CakesByCeci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByCeci Posted 14 Sep 2016 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 8

Hello :-) 

Question: what tool, stencil etc., have you you found to help give you the perfect swiss dot patterns on your wedding cakes? [postimage id="5103" thumb="900"] 

7 replies
640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 14 Sep 2016 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 8

PRESS ICE - POLKA DOT - even easier there's a bunch of them and instructional videos

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2016 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 8

i just eyeball it

-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2016 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 8

and the ones on that cake are not equidistant -- and that's fine i'm just saying -- cake perfection is overwrought in my opinion

-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2016 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 8

*in my humble imperfect opinion stuck_out_tongue.png

-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2016 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 8

but i also want to say i never checked for the perfect spacing until you mentioned you wanted it -- that cake looked perfect to me before i put it under the microscope -- and if it's your cake i hope you are very proud of your good work --

besides cakes are usually not perfect themselves so if the dots are perfect it shows up the cake -- reveals the flaws of the cake kwim -- i use piping to make things look better -- for example a high shell border on one side to trick the eye to think that the cake doesn't have a high and low side -- a wide shell border to hide the fact the cake is not centered properly on the board -- it works -- it's food -- if it was art and gonna last like the sistine chapel well yeah let's get out a ruler -- kwim --

and nothing wrong with the dotted impression mats either but you better make a real level cake for it, right?

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 15 Sep 2016 , 1:54am
post #8 of 8

I'm an eyeballer too  blush.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%