Pricing

Business By BobbiFarabaugh Updated 16 Aug 2016 , 5:00am by Apti

BobbiFarabaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BobbiFarabaugh Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 7

[postimage id="4931" thumb="900"]

I had a woman ask me to make this for her sister's bridal shower. She wants 60 cupcakes exactly like this and the top without the flowers and the "A".  What would you charge?  She was not happy with the price I gave her.  I am just getting back in to doing this after a long hiatus. CSI I want to be sure my prices are in line.

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 7

$700 to $800 ish plus the cupcake stand, tax & delivery more if the cupcakes are filled --

that's a gravity defying sculpture 

off top of my head -- 

and i really think it needs a flower up there 

those cupcake wrappers look like they were cut out of paper lace doilies -- 

idk -- maybe i'm low

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 7

A LOT. If she wasn't happy with the price you gave her it's not going to work out. The wrappers look to me like doilies folded in half and then wrapped around the cupcakes and taped. K8 is right about the dress being gravity defying plus shaped just right to make the correct female form. This is not an easy cake to make, whatever you do don't lower your price or you will be kicking yourself the entire time you're working on it!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 7

ok wait -- for a shower? yeah this chick is way outa her league ordering this for a shower and balking -- she would probably lose it making a dozen of the cupcakes --

hey pm me what you quoted -- i'm curious -- if you want to --

this is a gorgeous cake -- 10,000 bravos to the maker -- it's brilliant can i can't say enough wonderful things about it --

but -- the way the picture has been taken -- doesn't it look like the two ribbons/stems coming out of the flower are poking right into the...cake? ouch stuck_out_tongue.png

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 7

Let me guess...She wanted to pay about $80 for it and thought she was being generous, right? Hahahahahahaha! Around here it would be about $5-6 per cupcake decorated like that and maybe $100-150 for the cake without the flowers. But then again, you'd be able to find someone to do a hot mess version the whole thing for $150 on Craigslist, so maybe that's where she'll end up getting it.

BobbiFarabaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BobbiFarabaugh Posted 16 Aug 2016 , 2:13am
post #6 of 7

Thanks to all of you!  I knew I wasn't overpricing but I guess I guess I needed validation!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 16 Aug 2016 , 5:00am
post #7 of 7

If I were a customer, I would expect to pay around $6 a cupcake  (60 x $6 = $360)

Maybe $200-$300 for the cake

plus acrylic cupcake stand rental/purchase

plus delivery

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%