Icing Effect?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 12 Aug 2016 , 4:45pm by -K8memphis

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 11 Aug 2016 , 1:11am
post #1 of 5

This is pretty simple looking, but I'm not sure how to get this effect with the icing? Anyone know? 

TIA!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/recipes/recipe-for-vinarterta-traditional-icelandic-cake-since-1875-1.2320542

4 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 11 Aug 2016 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe thick coat of icing and then use a spatula in a wave motion to make the peaks.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2016 , 10:46am
post #3 of 5

yeah it looks like she chopped it or something -- hey I watched that video -- I bet if you could contact her she would tell you -- I didn't notice how old that video was but that's a thought for you --

and I'm curious as to how it comes out -- so does she bake the long wide cookies and stack them all up with that rich jam filling? whoa that's gotta be some kinda good! she's not bashful with the buttercream is she :)

please lemme know how it comes out for you

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 12 Aug 2016 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 5

[postimage id="4909" thumb="900"]Thanks, K8memphis!  This is what it looks like pre cutting, curing and icing! It' s a prune cake so you want lots of icing!

I should have just contacted her- never thought of it. Maybe I still will - just out of curiosity! I think video is only a few yrs old. However, I just went with a different icing design. I'd like to make it again sometime so it would be nice to have that info.

Yes, you bake the cake/cookie rounds and stack - 7 layers. Some do it round and some square. Mine recipe is rounds. This is a very time consuming involved cake  but also a bucket list cake for me. I grew up with it- very popular around my neck of the woods, as a kid. It's a Icelandic Canadian dish - I'm currently writing a guest post for a friends' blog on this topic.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2016 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 5

i just want to eat it -- that would be a good weight loss dessert -- have to make individual servings -- I'd make the jam with stevia and a little sugar -- then the cookies can be made wheatless and also very low to no sugar 

oh gosh it sounds lovely -- thanks for the picture

yeah that lady came off as eager/willing to share info -- go for it

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%