Ganache Too Firm

Decorating By Cher2309b Updated 7 Aug 2016 , 7:56am by Cher2309b

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 12:55am
post #1 of 8

My ganache has gone really firm in the bowl on the kitchen bench overnight (I guess I should have adjusted the ratio to account for this cold Sydney weather.) Anyway, I know I can melt it in the microwave and it should be good under the fondant but I'm concerned that it will set too hard as a filling; is there some way I can now add cream or something to soften it?

7 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 4:32am
post #2 of 8

You can whip it with your mixer.  Once it is whipped, it will have a lighter "feel" because you have incorporated air bubbles. 

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 4:46am
post #3 of 8

Whipped ganache is sooooooo good it's like eating chocolate air! It will also double so yummy leftovers! Crumb up your cake scraps throw a ton on top stir and chill. I love to throw in chocolate chips to give it a bit of crunch, oh my gosh, pure heaven!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 7:11am
post #4 of 8

@ElizabethsCakeCreations - That would make a wonderful filling.

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 7:34am
post #5 of 8

smiley.png I make a raspberry whipped cream frosting that is to die for. I make my scraps with it, the ganache and the chocolate chips. I think it's the best thing I've ever eaten!  

Cher2309b Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 7:56am
post #6 of 8

Hmmm.... Seems like I must give whipped ganache a try as a filling. I'll experiment with my smallest cake first. Meanwhile I've melted half the ganache and added a little more cream that I had heated to the same temperature as the ganache. (I was very careful to measure this accurately - with two fingers.

post #7 of 8

Hmmm.... Seems like I must give whipped ganache a try as a filling. I'll experiment with my smallest cake first. Meanwhile I've melted half the ganache and added a little more cream that I had heated to the same temperature as the ganache. (I was very careful to measure this accurately - with two fingers.

post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%