Jubalee Crown

Decorating By n01b Updated 1 Aug 2016 , 4:42am by n01b

n01b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n01b Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 2:04am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

Just need some advise i have a cake that will be a cushion with a jubalee crown ontop. I want the crown to be made out of cake, my problem is with the gold strips i am going to paint them with edible gold but for me to do this i have to have the cake baked in advanced so the gold will dry in time for delivery.

Another problem is the crown will be black underneath and i am worried that i will get gold on the black fondant.

Originally i wanted it to stand up with gumpaste and for me to dry it on a dummy but im worried that the gumpaste will not hold up or on delivery the gumpaste will crack

Has anyone attempted one? or has any advise

Thanks

3 replies
sugarbritches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbritches Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 4:10am
post #2 of 4

Do you have a pic of what a Jubilee crown is? I'm not really understanding how you do a crown made of cake but with a pic I could see what you're saying. I've done several princess crowns but I used gumpaste and did them at least a week in advance to dry.  I transported the crown in a plastic bin with foam on the bottom and nothing happened to it.  As far as the gold getting on the black - again without seeing what the crown looks like I can't say for sure but when I paint stripes I use painters tape above and below the stripe to avoid getting the paint on the fondant.

n01b Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 4:40am
post #3 of 4

[postimage id="4821" thumb="900"]

n01b Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 4:42am
post #4 of 4

hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%