How Is This Done?

Decorating By SweetNeddy Updated 12 Aug 2016 , 7:23pm by icingimages

SweetNeddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNeddy Posted 21 Jul 2016 , 11:39am
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone, 

I have a bride who would like writing on the side of one tier, but not done in icing or chocolate. It looks like printing, or hand inked writing. Is this done with some type of transfer? Is there anyway to do this look on buttercream - or is fondant the only way to go? She would prefer buttercream, I was thinking I could print out the writing on edible paper - then smooth the paper onto the buttercream?  Thoughts??

[postimage id="4685" thumb="900"]

4 replies
Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 21 Jul 2016 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 5

Hi!

One technique uses  rice paper and edible inks...you choose the font and the saying and print it...then adhere it to the side of the cake with piping gel

SweetNeddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNeddy Posted 21 Jul 2016 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 5

That's what I was thinking. I know I've seen cakes that looked like hand inked writing - but I don't have that kind of talent (my writing is chicken scratch for sure). Thanks for the input!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2016 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 5

I'd also guess printed wafer paper.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 12 Aug 2016 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 5

That is printed, Everything is perfectly spaced both between the letters and the lines!  This can be ordered from www.icingimages.com either on an icing sheet or wafer paper! When ever I lay something on a cake it should be an icing sheet.  The wafer is better if it it was standing off the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%