Friday Night Cake Club For 7/8/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 14 Jul 2016 , 4:21am by DormCat

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 2:39am
post #1 of 47

Opening up another session of the FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!

Hope to see lots of great creations this weekend!

Cat

46 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 2:41am
post #2 of 47

Hi everyone!

Late night at the Museum tonight. I'll be home again soon but I don't have any cakes to share this week. I did the birthday cake for my work and it was a huge hit but I posted those photos last week. Hope to see lots of fun stuff this week from all of you!

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 6:18am
post #3 of 47

From the 4th - Blueberry, apple pies and cheese puffs

Mini blueberry pies and an apple gallette:

Cheese puffs and apple tartlettes:

Today is all about cookies - Get Well and Thank You.

Get Well cookies:

Thank You cookies:

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 47

No cakes for me this week which is really ok since I've been plagued with a headache most of the week.  I did make 2 dozen mini cupcakes piped with a rosette swirl for a potluck BBQ but have done so many of those now that I don't bother taking pictures anymore.  I'm going to start working with a new research group at the university so this was my first time meeting them all.  Obviously no other bakers in the group because they kept calling the cupcakes "so fancy". Lol. 

On a non-baking front I made haskap jam for the first time this week.  I had never even tasted a haskap berry before but they are getting lots of hype so I wanted to try them out.  They were a pain to pick so I'm glad I like the jam :-). Now I'm thinking of trying to incorporate them in to a cake and/or buttercream or using the jam for cookies.

@Pastrybaglady ‍your pastries look delish!  The pill cookies are really cute and I'm in love with the thank you cookies.  What did you use for cutters?

I'm off to play in a soccer tournament and hope to see lots more creations when I get home.

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 47

Just getting my cake fix, made banana chocolate chip muffins with the my GD, added some lemon zest, they were so yummy....

@Pastrybaglady ‍ Cheese puffs are an old favorite of mine, yours look delish as well as your pies. The pill cookies are in a jar, love........

The " Thank You" cookies are perfect!  Are those 3" cookie cutters?

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 47

I wanted to thank everyone first for the help on my sunshine. I wanted to do the sunglasses, but at the mom to be wanted lashes. 

@catlharper ‍ that was a cute cake last week.

@Pastrybaglady ‍ those cookies are amazing. 

@kstevens ‍ not sure what haskap berries jam is but I will be looking it up later. Good luck in the tournament.

i will post my picture in another post. It was suppose to have ruffles, but that just wasn't working. 

Marian64 Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 47

[postimage id="4576" thumb="900"]

Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 4:01pm
post #8 of 47

For those interested the cutters are 3", those plastic ones from Wilton that come in the big clear tub - ABC and 123.

Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 4:59pm
post #9 of 47

@Marian64 ‍ Now that I see it all together, the sunglasses wouldn't have made sense at all. It came out adorably!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 5:13pm
post #10 of 47

[postimage id="4577" thumb="900"]

julia1812 Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 5:28pm
post #11 of 47

This cake was so much fun to make! Normally I hate painting on a cake but since I made the treasure map separate it was easy as the pressure wasn't on lol. It was a low budget cake but I got carried away and added a little 3d treasure chest made out of fondant. 

Marian64 Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 5:46pm
post #12 of 47

@julia1812 love the treasure map.

kstevens Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 8:59pm
post #13 of 47

@Marian64 ‍ your sunshine is just adorable! The cake turned out great!

@julia1812 ‍ you sound like me....I would not have been able to leave it simple either.  The map looks great on it's own but the treasure chest does add a little something to it.

For anyone who is curious these are haskaps and I'll add a link about them:

[postimage id="4578" thumb="900"]

http://lahavenaturalfarms.com/what-is-haskap/

kstevens Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 9:00pm
post #14 of 47

@Pastrybaglady ‍ forgot to say thanks for the info on the cutters :-) 

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 9:41pm
post #15 of 47

Lovely cakes and cookies!

I want a cheese puff.

Thank You cookies are the most happy cookies. I bet they made many people smile. 

Sunshine is perfect. I love the Sunshine cake, (watch out, a totally personal opinion not intended to offend to follow) except for the baby figurine. It is a personal preference, and has to do with artistic views. I generally don't like any sleeping baby photos or images.

Hascap? Ok. I'll have some ))). Looks good!

No cakes for me this week. Some bad news, unwanted troubles, but no cakes. Trying to get over the "this is terrible news"  and "this is really NOT what I need right now to be happening" thing, and move to "ok, what are the logistics and schedules involved in trying to make things better."

My birthday is at the end of this month (that's not the bad news, I am a person who thinks the more birthdays a person has - the better! Life's too short, and goes so fast.). My kids are already asking what cake I will make. But I do not feel the creative vibe at all. Wonder what I can get away with, for their sake. They have high standards, when it comes to cakes.

kstevens Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 10:40pm
post #16 of 47

@LelekBolek ‍I included the picture and link for the haskaps because I had mentioned earlier that I made jam with them this week and people weren't familiar with them.  Sorry to hear you've had bad news.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 9 Jul 2016 , 11:07pm
post #17 of 47

You’ve made a fine bunch of goodies this week @Pastrybaglady ‍   Love the pills in the bottles.

Your sunface is just adorable @Marian64 ‍ 

Great drawings and the little treasure chest really tops it all off  @julia1812 ‍ 

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 12:10am
post #18 of 47

Hi everyone!

I apologize in advance for my extremely long post. I am finally relaxing on my couch after the most insane weekend of my life. I can't believe how smoothly everything went and that I even got through all these orders by myself haha.

First off, my ultimate favourite is this Royal Prince birthday! I delivered earlier today and made the cake, cake pops and sugar cookies. The set up was absolutely incredible, I couldn't believe my eyes!

900_royal-prince-birthday-cake-937512xQ8Qu.jpg

900_royal-prince-birthday-cake-937512FBma2.jpg

Then I made this Frozen themed birthday cake for a third birthday as well.

900_frozen-themed-birthday-cake-937512Q7Wnn.jpg

Then a butterfly themed baby shower cake and cake pops with matching sugar cookies.

900_butterfly-baby-shower-cake-937512SUasD.jpg

A rosette graduation cake.

900_rosette-graduation-cake-937512mB15c.jpg

A Pittsburgh Penguins/Hockey birthday cake.

900_pittsburgh-penguins-birthday-cake-937512LxnPx.jpg

I am now officially can get through anything laughing.png

Pastrybaglady Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 12:22am
post #19 of 47

@SweetShop5 ‍ That royal prince cake is incredible - just amazing. You had quite the week! Put your feet up and relax, you so earned it!

@julia1812 ‍ When I first looked at your cake I thought, "Wait, what? How...?" Great job!

SweetShop5 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 12:47am
post #20 of 47

@Pastrybaglady ‍Thank you!! I am going to relax and watch a movie now. I'll will also take an apple pie please!! My favourite relaxed.png Those cookies are also adorable!

@Marian64 ‍ Love your cake!!

@julia1812 ‍ Amazing cake with great details!

Marian64 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 1:09am
post #21 of 47

@SweetShop5 ‍ wow! Amazing work as always. 

@LelekBolek ‍well apparently the momma to be didn't won't the little baby either. I understand totally. Hope everything works out well. 

Thanks for the compliments I was happy with it.

KStreet2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KStreet2013 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 4:26am
post #22 of 47

[postimage id="4579" thumb="900"]

Hope it's ok to still post pictures!

Did my very first wedding cake for today!!  I was honored to make the cake for my mother in laws wedding :)

julia1812 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 4:51am
post #23 of 47

Thanks for your kind words.

@sweetshop5 was that party for a child? I hope not or I have to step up my game when it comes to decoration lol. Great cakes!

@kstreet2013 congratulations on your first wedding cake. You did an amazing job! 

@Marian64 I think I missed the point about the sunglasses but that cake just screams cuteness! 

@Pastrybaglady  can you send he some for a brunch on Tuesday? Am sure my friends would love to dig in hahaha. Those goodies look so yummy!

KStreet2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KStreet2013 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 4:53am
post #24 of 47

Thank you @Julia1812!! :)

julia1812 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 4:54am
post #25 of 47

[postimage id="4580" thumb="900"]

Here is a little close up of the chest. 

Initially the cake was meant to be a carved treasure chest with a 3d pirate but then the clients realised it's a bit out of her budget hahaha.

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 9:37am
post #26 of 47

Its my mum`s and best mates birthday this week so thought id make a whole bunch of cupcakes!! they were chocolate, rocky road, black forest, trifle, banana split and lemon meringue

[postimage id="4581" thumb="900"]

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 10:08am
post #27 of 47

kstreet -- wow impressive first wedding cake -- so pretty

julia -- love the ancient map and the treasure chest with gold doubloons is adorable 

pastry -- lelekb said it well about the happy cookies, and wanting to eat the cheesie puff -- the medicine bottle is brilliant

sweetshop -- the cake balls up on the  stands makes it look like candelabras -- what an amazing display -- beautiful perfectly decorated cake -- and all that other work -- wow what a week -- do you work by yourself

marion -- the cake is beautiful -- love the little cloud puffs accenting the bright happy sunshine face -- well done

lelekb -- sorry to hear about the difficult time -- what about a flourless chocolate cake or a jelly roll or a pie and cake combo -- something that doesn't need a lot of decorating but is special to look forward to all by itself? maybe -- at least here comes my best wishes to you for a better today

-K8memphis Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 10:19am
post #28 of 47

wow shellbell those look amazing -- it would be hard not to want to eat one of each but I would start with black forest and top off with a lemon meringue -- they look so good

-K8memphis Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 10:22am
post #29 of 47

and pastrybaglady -- I love the rustic star struck pies -- infinitely appetizing

SweetShop5 Posted 10 Jul 2016 , 12:47pm
post #30 of 47

@Marian64 ‍ Thank you so much!

@julia1812 ‍ It was for a 2nd birthday lol I was at the same venue a few weeks ago for a wedding and now this birthday party had the same amount of guests as the wedding I went to. I couldn't believe it!

@-K8memphis ‍ Thank you very much! Yes, I do work by myself :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%