Help With Coloring For A Baseball Glove

Decorating By spantchr Updated 7 Jul 2016 , 3:27pm by carolinecakes

spantchr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spantchr Posted 6 Jul 2016 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 6

I have been trying to get the coloring right for the baseball glove that I posted below.  I have added brown, of course, but it needs something more.  I tried to add some orange.  I don't know.  I think I have made every shade, but the one I need.  I am trying to get the coloring as true to the real glove as I can.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks 

[postimage id="4537" thumb="900"]

5 replies
carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 7 Jul 2016 , 12:30am
post #2 of 6

How about flesh tone and add a dot of brown a little at a time.

spantchr Posted 7 Jul 2016 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did start out with bridal ivory and have added brown, but there is a tint of orange/yellow in the glove.  I can't tell you how many blobs of fondant I have tried to color and everyone in my family keeps saying, "close, but no"  I took the glove to our local home improvement painting department and asked if they could tell me what colors make up the glove.  They found a paint chip that is comparable and then looked up the color combination for me.  They said it has mustard yellow, rust red, black  and white.  I have been experimenting now with those combinations.  

carolinecakes Posted 7 Jul 2016 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 6

Just remember colors darken as it dries so let it set at least overnight. Good luck!!

spantchr Posted 7 Jul 2016 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 6

Very good point - I forgot - Thanks

carolinecakes Posted 7 Jul 2016 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 6

smile.png You are welcome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%