Peanut Butter Powder In Cakes/cupcakes/frosting/filling

Baking By writezoe Updated 5 Jul 2016 , 2:44pm by costumeczar

writezoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writezoe Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 11:14am
post #1 of 6

Hi All!

Has anyone tried baking with peanut butter powder?  How about frostings or fillings?  I'm guessing you have to add water to it BEFORE you bake?  Or can I just sift it into the flour or powdered sugar?  Thoughts?  Trials?  Errors? 

Thanks!

Zoe

5 replies
Cali6422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cali6422 Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have an answer for you ... But I'm also eager to hear of others experiences with it.  I made an impulse buy of several containers of the stuff and have yet to figure out what to do with the itf. :-)

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 6

I purchased a small sample package of it to try...

I want to just add it to the icing as is and see if it works...

I also think I will try just adding it as is to my cake batter and see if that works as well...

I just don't have time right now to try it... Maybe next month... October at the latest for my dad's birthday... he loves pb...

patti1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patti1955 Posted 2 Jul 2016 , 12:35pm
post #4 of 6

I've added it straight into buttercream - my kids loved it.  Haven't tried it in baking yet.

writezoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writezoe Posted 5 Jul 2016 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks!  Hopefully more people will chime in now that the holiday weekend is over.  smiley.png

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Jul 2016 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 6

My daughter buys that stuff...it looks like you could just add it into the icing. All it takes is a little water to reconstitute it, so I don't see why you couldn't just put it into things to flavor it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%