Need Opinion Please

Decorating By Lisa6of6 Updated 28 Jun 2016 , 11:30pm by Lisa6of6

Lisa6of6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa6of6 Posted 28 Jun 2016 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 6

I'm part of a group that is celebrating an anniversary.  We're having a potluck tonight.  Typically they get a cake from Costco.  As my contribution, I offered to bake the cake.  Originally I was going to do a cookie plate but I figured I also bake cakes so why not offer to do the cake (at this point I didn't know they got the cake from Costco).  I just finished the cake (except putting the leaves on the roses). 

I knew I was going to have problems with the script writing but a friend recommended doing the buttercream transfer, and that was working until halfway through.  So I switched to freehand and my hand started cramping (arthritis).  So I switched to the Wilton block letter stencils.  

Can you give me your opinion on what it looks like?[postimage id="4445" thumb="900"]

5 replies
doctorwhobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doctorwhobaker Posted 28 Jun 2016 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 6

It looks good! A few of the letters are a little dispoportionate but other than that, good job! I don't think I could do any better :)

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 28 Jun 2016 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 6

I truly suck at lettering... so compared to mine... you are amazing!

And for a free cake at the potluck, you did a great job...

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 28 Jun 2016 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 6

Good job on the roses! 

jselle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jselle Posted 28 Jun 2016 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 6

I think your group is going to be very happy with this. Nice job. Most of the time my freehand lettering starts to drift toward the end, and yours looks very level.

Lisa6of6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa6of6 Posted 28 Jun 2016 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone.  The Wilton block stencils helped.  I just pulled the cake out of the fridge and checked and only one letter was slightly schmooshed.  I'm not going to get too hellbent about it.  I keep telling myself is that I did my best (and never again, I'll stick with cupcakes).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%