Air Jordan Shoe Cake Tutorial

Baking By Pudgey Updated 17 Jun 2016 , 2:07pm by Pudgey

Pudgey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pudgey Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 6

I'm in need of some help, I was asked to do a Jordan Shoe. I know I can do it but I would feel comfortable with seeing a tutorial on how to carve th cake. Can anyone help me please!!!

5 replies
carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 6

Chech it out....

Pudgey Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much, I know this may be much but how would you go about charging for a shoe cake?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 6

9", 10" long shoe maybe $200 to $225 give or take 

for larger shoe cakes say 25 servings and up I'd go at least $10 per -- 

just depends on how big but for sculptures you need to set a minimum price no matter how few servings they want because peeps will haggle the price down and down and down on you -- 'well how much would it be for an eleven and a half serving sistene chapel cake with a mona lisa chaser that smiles on command -- 

but when I give the price I don't say the per serving quote I just give the total plus delivery and tax --

or more

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 17 Jun 2016 , 1:07am
post #5 of 6

Quote by @-K8memphis on 2 hours ago

but when I give the price I don't say the per serving quote I just give the total plus delivery and tax --

or more

What K8memphis said.......and its worth repeating, set a minimum price.........in my neck of the woods 3D cakes start at $1OO. other places its more. Then you add on depending on the details/ the design. These sneaker cakes have a lot of details.......which takes time, time is money, which should go in your pocket.

Pudgey Posted 17 Jun 2016 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much, I love this site everyone is so helpful :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%