How Would You Do This?

Decorating By TSweetTreats Updated 10 Jun 2016 , 3:24pm by carolinecakes

TSweetTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSweetTreats Posted 10 Jun 2016 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone,

I am making a two tiered "Frozen" themed cake today. The customer wants something like the picture I am attaching. I am a little questioning for how you would do the white fondant that "drips" down the cake. Any recommendations for how to do this?

Thanks so much and have a great day!


[postimage id="4155" thumb="900"]

2 replies
lalasarahtops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lalasarahtops Posted 10 Jun 2016 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 3

I would either roll out a piece of fondant and cut a parchment paper the same size as your cake and place it in the center of the the fondant (so you know you're not cutting too high)  and cut the drips like that. Or is place the fondant on the cake and with a really sharp knife cut them out very carefully, being sure to not cut the fondant or cake below it, which may be tricky. Hope this helps!

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 10 Jun 2016 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 3

Make a paper template, keep in mind the size to your cake. So if its 10" round cut a 13" round and then cut out the wave pattern around. Place the template over your cake or cake pan to check how it fits, then roll out your fondant, use the template to cut out the shape. Too risky to cut the fondant on the cake, IMHO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%