Cake...freezer?

Decorating By Chefperl Updated 27 May 2016 , 5:44am by -K8memphis

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 27 May 2016 , 4:46am
post #1 of 5

ok, so I am in a rush to make a cake for sunday (my parents are both not doing well and I don't want to wait for the last minute in case they need me and I had time tonight to work.). 

I always torte my cake, crumb them and let them settle over night. well I didn't do that and I covered it in fondant right away.  As i am working, it is sagging from the heat in my kitchen.  It is completely finished, can i keep it in the fridge or freezer?  doe sit matter which one?  I am so afraid of the fondant sliding.  the cake is chocolate with chocolate buttercream, if that matters.

TIA 

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 May 2016 , 5:22am
post #2 of 5

first of all i hope your folks are doing better i'm sorry they're not doing well

i get my cakes into the fridge so the fondant can set up -- some people freeze at this point but i just use the fridge -- either one should get the fondant set but if it's already unstable i guess you'll have to cover the difference with decor or something-- 

be prepared to redo the fondant if necessary -- at least you got the cake part done -- maybe, maybe not on the fondant

best to you

Chefperl Posted 27 May 2016 , 5:26am
post #3 of 5

Chefperl Posted 27 May 2016 , 5:28am
post #4 of 5

Thanks.  I wish i could  post a picture,  but i can't  figure it out from my phone.  It's  not sagging on the fondant yet.  Want to avoid that,  that's  why i thought the freezer would be good. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 May 2016 , 5:44am
post #5 of 5

oh, i thought you said it was sagging from the heat --

the freezer means careful thawing -- both can result in condensation -- the freezer more so --

you can use either -- i use the fridge

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%