Cookie Cutter Recipe

Baking By mistygaildunn Updated 3 Oct 2005 , 6:08pm by mistygaildunn

mistygaildunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistygaildunn Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 6

I am needing a recipe for cutting cookies, that doesn't require refrigeration or setup time? Any such thing?

5 replies
GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 6

http://www.kitchengifts.com/nofailsugarcookies.html

Not only can you roll it out right away, but it taste so darn good. I got so many compliments on my cookies I made.

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 6

This is the recipe for sugar cookies that I use.. It doesn't need to be chilled first as long as your roll your dough between two sheets of parchment paper..

Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter { not margarine or crisco}
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

Beat butter and sugar till fluffy, add egg, vanilla and mix..Add dry ingredients . I mix last cup of flour in with my hands..
Roll out between two sheets of parchment paper..Cut out with your favourite cookie cutters and bake on parchment lined baking sheets for 10-12 minutes.@ 350* Let cookies cool completely before icing.

Sugar Glaze

2 cups icing sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon almond extract { or vanilla}
This hardens enough to stack the cookies but doesn't get as hard as royal icing.

Liz

mistygaildunn Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 6

Ok, but I don't have parchment paper. Will wax paper do? What's the difference?

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 12:35am
post #5 of 6

You can roll cookies out on both...but don't put wax paper in the oven or it will smoke!!

mistygaildunn Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks, that good info to know. I actually had bought a big box of wilton cookie cutters and was wanting to make cookies, I got to looking at the box and it had a recipe right on the side of the box that didn't require rolling out in between parchment paper, or refrigeration, so if interested, let me know and I'll share the recipe, you just make the batter, roll it out, and cut it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%