Transporting Large Quantity Of Cupcakes

Business By Vanessa7 Updated 9 May 2016 , 12:14am by Apti

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 7 May 2016 , 2:23am
post #1 of 6

I have an order for 200 cupcakes and am wondering what the best way to cost-effectively package/transport them.  Any suggestions?

5 replies
SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 7 May 2016 , 2:51am
post #2 of 6

You can use the under the bed storage containers, full size sheet boxes with inserts/put a dab of icing on the bottom of them...and use  the non skid mats with AC blasting in your car. Lots of options :D just depends what you have. Everyone seems to do it differently.

Gloria0520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gloria0520 Posted 7 May 2016 , 3:06am
post #3 of 6

I made 17 dozen cupcakes for my son's grad night party and my grocery store bakery department sold me their boxes that hold a dozen cupcakes each for $0.25. I have had variable luck at different stores (in Everett, WA) Albertsons was where I got them for a quarter, my Fred Meyer will sell them to me now for 0.07 each and the Winco charged me a dollar. 

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 7 May 2016 , 4:37am
post #4 of 6

I use the under the bed containers, each container easily fits about 80 cupcakes, and they sit close together so there is no sliding.

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 8 May 2016 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 6

I use 12x14 boxes which hold 2 dozen cupcakes each..easier for me to handle rather than larger boxes :)

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 9 May 2016 , 12:14am
post #6 of 6

Personally, I make choices based on whether or not the customer will see/care about the packaging.  If the packaging must be "pretty" and/or professional in appearance, then I'd recommend the under the bed storage containers recommended above, with the bottom of the container lined with rubberized shelf liner from the dollar store to prevent sliding.

Incorporate the cost of the packaging in the pricing!

If it doesn't matter if the customer see "less-than-professional" transportation packaging, then you can use clean, cardboard, strawberry boxes from the grocery store.  (Also lined with rubberized shelf liner from the dollar store to prevent sliding.)

Here is a photo of 48 standard sized cupcakes transported in the free strawberry boxes from the grocery store.  I had made about 150 cupcakes for a group of school children.

https://christinascakes.shutterfly.com/pictures/465

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%