Sugar Lace Without Silicone Mat

Baking By lynhrangel7 Updated 22 Mar 2016 , 7:59pm by -K8memphis

lynhrangel7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynhrangel7 Posted 22 Mar 2016 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I would like to create the lace like the picture.  However, I can not any large lace silicone mats to use with Sugar Veil.  Is there an alternative method to create this beautiful design without the mold?  Please help.  Thanks!

900_sugar-lace-without-silico_98656756f1

*Last edited by lynhrangel7 on 22 Mar 2016 , 7:42pm
4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2016 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 5

that could be piped and then over-piped out of royal -- you could do the first layer of piping in three sections like a pie -- it needs to be piped onto a dummy the same size as your cake so it will fit right after it dries - then when you place them on the cake you can brush on some royal to conceal the joins and when you over pipe as well there will be no tell tale seams --

could also pipe in chocolate --

and some of the spots are just holes cut out and some of them are holes easily piped -- you could incorporate some fondant for a few of the very top edges and the center bottom 

-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2016 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 5

easily piped though

lynhrangel7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynhrangel7 Posted 22 Mar 2016 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 5

Great instructions @-K8memphis ‍!  Thank you so much.  I will try this.  However, my only concern is getting a dummy the same size as my cake.  

-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2016 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 5

i getcha -- instead of pie sections cut it straight up and down into three sections that way you have a little wiggle room when you apply it -- you could use two cake pans stuck together too instead of a dummy -- 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%