Letter Cutter Question

Decorating By Frank68 Updated 17 Feb 2016 , 12:35am by jocelyndrewsimone

Frank68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frank68 Posted 15 Feb 2016 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

Does anyone know what letter cutters were used in the following cake: https://www.pinkcakebox.com/first-communion-damask-cake/ 

I see it used quite often within their pictures and can't seem to find them online.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Feb 2016 , 9:44am
post #2 of 4

i can't say how that cake was done but if I made one i would free hand pipe that -- there are different helps you can use to get it all straight -- one is print it off the computer, trim it and affix it to the cake then pin prick a pathway onto the letters (affix the guide with a couple pins within the lettering) so you can follow the markings when you remove it

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Feb 2016 , 10:01am
post #3 of 4

and some people reading this might think, "oh i couldn't possibly pipe that" well yes you can -- it's an acquired skill not an elusive talent unobtainable to the masses -- just practice 15-20 minutes a day for a couple weeks --

i saw a mold the other day to make a shell border. a shell border. cake decorating is so much more than filling molds and weilding cutters -- all of these things are important useful tools but skills are part of that important work --

piping letters and flower is cruçial to the whole effect -- but with schools not even teaching cursive writing these days i don't know...it'll be a bigger learning curve but nonetheless essential

best to you

jocelyndrewsimone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jocelyndrewsimone Posted 17 Feb 2016 , 12:35am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%