Wilton Bottle Pan

Baking By NanaCin Updated 11 Feb 2016 , 7:22pm by jmhagen2007

NanaCin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaCin Posted 9 Feb 2016 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 2

Hello Everyone,

I am getting ready to make a beer bottle cake for my Son In Law and was wondering if anyone has used the Wilton Non Stick Bottle Pan (Vino). My question is has anyone stacked this type of cake.  Never used these before and trying to decide if I need to stack or if one pan is enough. Any help would be appreciated. 

Confused Baker,

1 reply
jmhagen2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmhagen2007 Posted 11 Feb 2016 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 2

I have not used the bottle pan, but I have used a few of Wilton's other pans- the truck and tractor pan.  I do not stack my pans because they are already quite high.  My tractor cake is probably 2 inches high to begin with and if I were to stack it I would end up with a 4" high cake and I would have a hard time putting the two tractor or truck pieces together since one side is flat and the other has the design baked in.  I hope that makes sense.  Also, you should find out how much batter to put into each pan.  It's usually listed on the little paper insert on the pan.  Otherwise, try filling the pan with water and measuring how much water it holds.  That should give you a fairly accurate amount of batter to put in.

Now, if you want to make the cake LOOK like a real beer bottle (ie. stand on it's bottom) I'd say to go ahead and "stack" it.  It might look rather neat that way too!  You'll have to add some sort of support to get the sides to really stick together in that case.  I'd suggest using wooden skewers or toothpicks.

Good luck! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%