Mumofchase Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 8

56b77a586435c.jpeg

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 8

you did great but i'd like to suggest that you put it in here

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/827967/friday-night-cake-club-for-2516because

i'm not sure if they allow random posts with cake pictures but they are allowed in the post in the link and you deserve a thousand kudos so consider putting it in there

i especially love the elphant

Mumofchase Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mumofchase Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 8

Hi everyone. I'm new here but have been reading a few forums of late as I was attempting to make my son's first birthday cake. I've never decorated a cake in my life but thanks to all of you knowledgeable people you have helped me heaps. Without you ladies and gents this would have made this almost impossible. I had a lot of struggles cause it's so dam hot here so I had huge problems with the fondant so I did and all nighter the night before his party started making at 11pm and going to 3am. Once I started and the fondant was working it was actually a bit fun. But anyway babble aside I just wanted to share what my cake looked like :)

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 5:08am
post #4 of 8

Good on you, that is great for your first cake.  It is hot and humid here too so I understand how difficult it is working in heat, hope it inspires you to do more, and it is soooo much easier when the weather cools down.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 4:21pm
post #5 of 8

Your sculpting is great :)  The animals are adorable!

frost52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frost52 Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 8

you did such a great job!  One critique however. You went to the trouble of covering your board which looks awesome, but next time consider putting a coordinating ribbon around the sides of the board so it can cover any raw edges and add a little detail. Bravo first try!!  Keep going...you have talent.

Mumofchase Posted 9 Feb 2016 , 2:21am
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the tip.  I was a bit stuck on what to do with the yuk around the board bit was to late to fix. Hopefully I get the opportunity to do this again. My friends and family said they want me to do there future cakes so hopefully they will. Practice does make perfect and I really enjoyed doing it. It was worth the stress lol. I've always envied people that could do cakes laughing.png

Mumofchase Posted 9 Feb 2016 , 2:23am
post #8 of 8

Quote by @Pastrybaglady on 10 hours ago

Your sculpting is great :)  The animals are adorable!

Thanks- I'm good at crafts and things like that. I made all the decorations for my babies party (it was his first birthday) so I thought at least if I did a really bad job on the cake at least the animals are cute lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%