daytonarayne888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daytonarayne888 Posted 6 Feb 2016 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone put icing over ganashe?

4 replies
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 6 Feb 2016 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, I have. I did a messy buttercream finish with the blue coloured showing through after I scraped some of the bc icing off. 

daytonarayne888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daytonarayne888 Posted 6 Feb 2016 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 5

I'm making a ti my little Pony cake for my daughter's birthday and she wants a semi sweet ganache with a whipped icing over top colored blue green and yellow (each tier a different color) and I'm worried that either the ganashe will mix with the icing or it will show through

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 6 Feb 2016 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 5

Firstly, your ganache will dry rock hard, if made correctly. But I must caution you, white ganache is very sweet. I wouldn't personally do it again. Why not use Royal Icing? It dries very hard, you can get a smooth finish. And when you cut your cake, royal icing will have softened nicely from the buttercream.

Hope this helps...

lisatipperoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisatipperoo Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 1:34am
post #5 of 5

Yes I have lots of times. It works well for me- my ganache dries very hard and I usually pop that cake in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to really set the ganache and then go ahead and ice right over top of it. I have done it with american buttercream and whipped buttercream with good results. :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%