Friday Night Cake Club For 2/5/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 9 Feb 2016 , 2:55am by julia1812

Mumofchase Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mumofchase Posted 7 Feb 2016 , 10:18pm
post #31 of 38

Hi everyone. I'm new here but have been reading a few forums of late as I was attempting to make my son's first birthday cake. I've never decorated a cake in my life but thanks to all of you knowledgeable people you have helped me heaps. Without you ladies and gents this would have made this almost impossible. I had a lot of struggles cause it's so dam hot here so I had huge problems with the fondant (and icing next day) so I did an56b7c2beb78c8.jpeg all nighter the night before his party started making at 11pm and going to 3am. Once I started and the fondant was working it was actually a bit fun. But anyway babble aside I just wanted to share what my cake looked like :)

annykimmm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annykimmm Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 4:05pm
post #32 of 38

Gorgeous and delicious looking cakes and cookies! ^^ Love those flowers too!! First time posting in FNCC although I am a long time lurker >.< I'm a newbie to the cake world but have gotten addicted ever since i started. Here's a cake I recently did this week for a birthday girl. Still getting used to fondant!

56b8bce44ecd6.jpeg

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 5:17pm
post #33 of 38

Good morning everyone!!! How great to come in and see so many wonderful creations! 

I'm going to have to break down this reply into two sections because we entered a second page this week! Very cool!

@rsquared02 ‍ My goodness...my hubby would have loved the fried chicken cake...of course he'd want something sweet after the dinner but he would have howled with mirth at that cake! Did you take any photos of the chocolate ganache cake?

@kstevens ‍ Love the Marine cake! There are so many wonderful details in this cake. That looks like a whole lot of hand painting work! Amazing! Your Lego Batman is awesome! I did a little mini one as a topper on a background cake and THAT was a challenge...you went over and above with the full scale version! Wow!

@me_me1 ‍ Oh my goodness I simply adore your ballet shoes! Are those real ribbons in them? So pretty!

@Pastrybaglady ‍ Love your jersey...maybe it was the good luck charm for yesterday? LOL!

@julia1812 ‍ Gracious! Your dragon is stunning! I'm in serious awe! Such a cool cake!

@LizzieAylett ‍ Your flowers are perfection. That is serious work right there to make them so fine and thin!

@Mumofchase ‍ Your figures are so adorable! I'd want to keep that little zebra for forever! LOL! And, yes, I use to hate it when it was SO hot in the summer where we use to live...made it so very hard to get anything to set up! 

@annykimmm ‍ Your hummingbird takes my breath away!  SO beautiful! I can't help but think how much my mom would adore that cake! 

Welcome all of you who are new or posting with us this week! SO much fun to see so many new people and creations! Have a GREAT week!

Cat

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 5:48pm
post #34 of 38

@catlharper c'moon! LOL...I thought you gonna post a Panthers cake or something. What did you prepare for your party? I'm sure you baked something. .. ; )

catlharper Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 6:04pm
post #35 of 38

@julia1812 I didn't do the baking...I did the cooking...however my daughter did these cute little football cupcakes that were WAY yummy! The next cake up for me is for our Oscar Party.  It's going to be a fun "The Martian" based cake.56b8d8ae73e20.jpeg

julia1812 Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 6:24pm
post #36 of 38

@catlharper Oh I see. But how fun are these little cute cupcakes please? So simple but yet so spot on!!! Was just put in the spotlight to bake something for our kids taekwondo trainer this Friday.  Can your daughter please come up with something similar but for martial arts hahaha? I actually hate when people assume I can do the baking just because I bake. I also have a life...grrr! Guess that's the downside of being a caker ... or me not being able to say no -

catlharper Posted 8 Feb 2016 , 7:19pm
post #37 of 38

Due to the fact my son was in karate for several years I do have an idea! White "flat frost" the cupcakes and then put little "belts" on each one. You can choose the level the kids are at now (for instance, make them all yellow belts) or do the spectrum from white to black to make a more colorful presentation. If you were thinking more of a cake here is an example of what I did for my son when he got his black belt: 56b8ea5e9c422.jpeg

julia1812 Posted 9 Feb 2016 , 2:55am
post #38 of 38

Awesome! Thank you so much cat. I like both ideas...not sure which one it's gonna be. Thanks again, that saved me so much time and hassle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%