Scammers At It Again

Business By Jenn123 Updated 9 Jan 2016 , 7:11pm by costumeczar

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 7 Jan 2016 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 13

I got the funniest text the other day which was obviously a scam though I don't know how they get anything out of it. I asked for an address immediately because I felt that something was up from the start based on the strange phrasing (for my area anyway). Where in the heck did all of these flavors come from?? HA HA

Hello am Monica, am hearing impaired I will like to know if you do Birthday Cake / Cupcakes / Cookies, i want to order for my Son's Birthday which is going to be held on 20th of this Jan and i will like to know if you accept credit card and i await your response back asap.

ME: Yes, I make cakes and cookies. What is the address of the party?

I want to know if you make any of this cupcakes flavor: Cookie and Cream, Mystery Bump-a-licious, Vanilla Petals with Sprinkles, Chocolate Lovers, Rockin'Mojito, WInter Mint, Red Velvet, Chocolate Alskan Moose, Salted Caramel, Vanila Latte, The Original, Cream Francaise, Banana Nut etc.

ME: I make cakes and cookies. No cupcakes. I don't have those favors. What is the address of the party?

Okay that fine cookie cake

ME: No, I don't make cookie cakes. What is the address of the party?

what flavor do you do?

ME: What is the address of the party?

(They give me a bogus address here)

Thanks for your quick reply kindly get back to me with the grand total cost of... Banana Flambè with Burnt Marshmallow Frosting Blueberry Lemon Cafe con Leche Caramel Apple Carrot with White Chocolate Frosting Chocolate Covered Strawberries* Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Raspberry Chocolate Stout (beer)* Chocolate with Coffee Cream Filling Chocolate with Nutella Frosting* Chocolate Orange Churro with Cinnamon Frosting Coconut with Coconut Custard Cookie Butter with White Chocolate Frosting* Cookie Dough Cookies n' Cream 400 peaces Thanks

12 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Jan 2016 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 13

Oh my Gawwwwd! I wish it had been an email so you could forward it to me, that's comedy gold! I would love to give them prices for  Mystery Bump-a-licious, Vanilla Petals with Sprinkles, and Chocolate Alaskan Moose flavors!

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 7 Jan 2016 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 13

I spent the last 2 hours trying to log in to say "please, oh PLEASE send this to @costumeczar !  (Obvs, it didn't work until it was too late.  Boo hiss!)

Comedy gold, indeed!!!!!

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 8 Jan 2016 , 12:17am
post #4 of 13

Nice one! I wonder what "etc" and "The Original" tastes like. Maybe we should ask @MBalaska  about the "Alaskan moose chocolate" though. It's like the robot pulled flavors from random headlines, ha ha!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 8 Jan 2016 , 12:58am
post #5 of 13

Haha - hilarious, I want to try the 'bump-a-licious' and 'Alskan Moose', how much for those in cookie cake please.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 8 Jan 2016 , 7:31am
post #6 of 13

I think there is a recipe for the "bump-a-licious" in the X-rated section of this forum.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 8 Jan 2016 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 13

Even a non english-speaker must know that listing this many flavors in a text is weird. I try to be professional even when I'm pretty sure it is fake. (At least not laughing in their face). I did google the flavor list and came up with an actual cake website that lists these. I guess they thought that if one was good, all of them would be better!

You want 400 peaces.... of what???

*Last edited by Jenn123 on 8 Jan 2016 , 1:10pm
costumeczar Posted 8 Jan 2016 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 13

Seriously? Who lists those flavors....Actually, there was a woman in my area who had "lemon crud" on her website as a filling option for years. I never told her about it because I thought it was hilarious.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 8 Jan 2016 , 4:01pm
post #9 of 13

Wow, that's hilarious! I think that scammer got some of the "flavours" from this website http://www.cupcakestation.com/orderonline.asp

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 8 Jan 2016 , 7:10pm
post #10 of 13

SweetShop5 beat me to it. I just found the site they got the flavors from and yes it's The Cupcake Station. They have very interesting flavors that's for sure! Apparently the "bumps" are buttercream bumps on top, then the cupcake is dipped in chocolate. Somehow that doesn't sound or look very appealing to me. But it seems to work for their customers! You never know what people will like until you try I guess, ha ha!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 8 Jan 2016 , 7:14pm
post #11 of 13

yeah... I thought the Bump A Licious had the opportunity to be much more exciting...

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 9 Jan 2016 , 5:31am
post #12 of 13

It's based off of Bumpy Cake, a style of cake made by Sanders, here in Michigan.  It's a cake with tunnels of piped white buttercream under a layer of chocolate icing.
http://www.sanderscandy.com/Articles.asp?ID=353

*Last edited by Magda_MI on 9 Jan 2016 , 5:33am
costumeczar Posted 9 Jan 2016 , 7:11pm
post #13 of 13

If you put "a-licious" on the end of anything it makes it so much more descriptive. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%