Edible Printer

Decorating By cakesbyliane Updated 29 Dec 2015 , 8:03pm by cakesbyliane

cakesbyliane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyliane Posted 28 Dec 2015 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 3

Looking to purchase an edible printer (UK based), what would everyone recommend?

I once read somewhere that you can buy a generic printer and then purchase edible cartridges as long as it's brand new and no other ink has been in it, has anyone done this?

2 replies
cabralej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabralej Posted 29 Dec 2015 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 3

Yes! Buying a new printer and installing edible inks is how we do it in our professional kitchen. We used a large-format Canon printer with edible inks found online, ink4cakes.com. The brand of edible paper we preferred was Icing Images (not floury, stays pliable longer, easy to peel off plastic) purchased through Pfeil and Holing. I'm not sure what available to you overseas, but be certain to try out different brands of papers. Some work better for different things. Also, be sure to keep your printer closed or covered when not in use to help prevent dust from gunking up the machine. Hope that helps!

cakesbyliane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyliane Posted 29 Dec 2015 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much. Ive read on another post that canon are the best. I will have a look in the sales here in london 

Quote by @%username% on %date%