Custom Cake Stencil

Decorating By 61999 Updated 20 Nov 2015 , 12:54am by -K8memphis

61999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
61999 Posted 19 Nov 2015 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 4

I am in need of a custom monogram stencil in 3 weeks.  Is there anyone in the US that does this?


3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Nov 2015 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 4

you could get the font you want -- blow it up to the size you need -- trace it onto stencil stock (what do you call stencil paper?) and cut it out yourself -- you can buy a stencil cutter/burner or use the mighty exacto -- 

another way -- easier and less expensive -- is to take the blown up copy and cover it with wide clear tape on front and back and cut that out -- bam 

61999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
61999 Posted 19 Nov 2015 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 4

Yes!  I just did that with poster paper for an airbrush stencil and it worked OK>

I think I will try that stencil stock.  Where would I get a cutter/burner?  Are those better than the mighty Exacto??  :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Nov 2015 , 12:54am
post #4 of 4

better yes maybe because it is a handle with a heated wire sticking out of it -- cuts like buttah -- the sheets are plastic so that might be the name of it stencil sheets -- idk -- but to make matters worse i had some in my hand yesterday but i tossed it 'cause i'm trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff and who wants a partial package of stencil stock -- i mean besides you but anyway i was gonna get the name off it but after i searched all over i remembered i tossed it -- gah -- anyhow michaels or hobby lobby should carry both the heated  cutter and the stencil plastic paper stuff --

and check out the different types of cutters you can get because they have some super efficient paper cutters now that might be even better than the heated ones --

best to you -- hope it works out great

Quote by @%username% on %date%