7 Quart Kitchen Aid Pro Series Help

Baking By snazzycakes1 Updated 7 Nov 2015 , 1:42am by AAtKT

snazzycakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snazzycakes1 Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 3

does anyone have the 7 quart professional series kitchen aid?  my husband just suprised me with one and it "clicks" like crazy when its mixing.  when its empty and i turn it on, it sounds beautiful,  but when you fill it , it clicks.  i called kitchen aid and they siad this is the one downfall of this machine.  apparently its normal...  wtf!  i didnt pay this much money for an annoying clicking noise!!!!  once we started doing more research, there were people saying that they were getting metal pieces in what they were mixing....  what??  i have had an artisan for 5 years and love it and had my heart set on this one.  what are your thoughts on a more professional mixer, the 7 quart ka?  another option?  help,  we cant afford more expensive. im just soo bummed   TIA

2 replies
roodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roodles Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 3

My 7qt bowl lift KA also makes a clicking sound, but I've never found metal shards in my cakes. I also read that this was normal, so I haven't worried about it.  I've been very happy with the mixer.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 7 Nov 2015 , 1:42am
post #3 of 3

Have you checked the height of your attachment?

My old four quart kitchenaid once "clicked" a bit back... The height adjustment on my beater blade was off... 

I adjusted it and the noise stopped...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%