Boy 9Th Kickball Party Outside In Florida - Please Need Ideas!

Decorating By GraceSolomon Updated 6 Nov 2015 , 12:18am by GraceSolomon

GraceSolomon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GraceSolomon Posted 5 Nov 2015 , 3:22am
post #1 of 4

Hello lovely ladies - 

My son is turning 9 and this year I am really stuck on ideas for his cake.  His party is a kickball game at a park outside in Florida.  I was thinking of doing a smaller cake and cupcakes or something.  I've done push cake pops before and they are always a hit but I was looking for something different but everything I come up with seems so girly.  I love the cakes with the nonpareils on the sides, but doesn't that look too girly?  I also love the ice cream sundae cupcakes, but again, is that too girly?  Please let me know if you have any ideas for the small main cake and/or the smaller individual items.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks in advance.  

3 replies
640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 5 Nov 2015 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think the ice cream sundae cupcakes would be girly - what kid doesn't love ice cream? You could do a small cake with an ice cream cone upside down on top of the cake.  There are a few in the gallery.  You could use more blues and greens rather than pinks and purples to make it better suited for him.  Blue "ice cream" with orange "topping?"

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 5 Nov 2015 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 4

Why not use the ball theme and make a larger ball cake and if you want smaller items too you can make cake balls or make little balls as toppers. How 'bout brownies instead of cupcakes if you want smaller items.

Does your son like legos? There a many lego ideas around for both individual pieces and a whole cake.  That would be super cute.

Or make little hamburgers in buns cupcakes  - plenty of photos around in this theme too (including my own!)

And I agree ice cream sundaes are for everyone!

Good luck!

Theresa

GraceSolomon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GraceSolomon Posted 6 Nov 2015 , 12:18am
post #4 of 4

Thank you girls - I think I might do the sundaes and come up with some ball theme thing for the little cake!!! I'll post pics afterward. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%