Football Logo On Cake How?!

Decorating By cyrie3 Updated 3 Nov 2015 , 2:34pm by 640Cake

cyrie3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyrie3 Posted 2 Nov 2015 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 6

Hi

I would like to put a football logo onto a football pitch cake I am making but no idea how.

I'm not very good at free hand drawing so needing advice as to the best way of doing this. A transfer of some sort maybe but using what icing etc?

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
silveryriver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silveryriver Posted 3 Nov 2015 , 12:35am
post #2 of 6

If you want you can print out a flipped image of the logo.  Place waxed paper over it and trace with royal icing.  Quickly place it on the cake and press lightly so that the royal icing leaves the traced marks on the cake.  Then you can recreate the logo accordingly!

hammiepigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammiepigg Posted 3 Nov 2015 , 2:25am
post #3 of 6

You can also do a flipped image under waxed paper. Trace the outlines with just buttercream frosting (if using black I even just use icing from the tube) and freeze and then fill in with color afterwards. Freeze again and then transfer to cake and peel off the wax paper and it'll be smooth. This way if you screw up it's not on the cake. I tape down my image and wax paper to a flat baking sheet or something similar so it doesn't shift and I can move in and out of the freezer easily. 

primacakesplus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
primacakesplus Posted 3 Nov 2015 , 2:30am
post #4 of 6

You could also print out a logo and use it as templates and cut the colored pieces out of fondant.

cyrie3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyrie3 Posted 3 Nov 2015 , 9:12am
post #5 of 6

Fantastic! Thank you for the ideas. I will do some trial runs I think to see which way I prefer. I want to put the transfer onto a circle of white fondant then stick that to the cake. I have heard its hard to make black icing truly black any tips?

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 3 Nov 2015 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 6

I like doing frozen buttercream transfers for specific images.  I do what hammiepigg stated, except I use glass, instead of a baking sheet, so I can look at the image and see if I need to fill in any areas.  I buy black icing tubes for FBCT, since I don't usually need much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%