No Crust Cheesecake

Baking By Kirstncook Updated 28 Oct 2015 , 11:10pm by Kirstncook

Kirstncook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kirstncook Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 3:29am
post #1 of 4

I'm making a red velvet cheesecake (cheesecake factory style) for a birthday cake. I want 4 layers so 2 relatively thin cheesecakes. I've never baked cheesecake in a cake pan or without a crust. Any tips would be great! 

3 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 11:14am
post #2 of 4

Look up Gretchen's Bakery online.  When she owned Woodland Bakery she made crustless cheesecakes all the time.  There really isn't anything different you need to do.  Grease and use parchment, and you can use a waterbath if you'd like.  If you're splitting a recipe into two pans then reduce the baking time.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 4

you might want to carefully line the pan -- i often put a cardboard circle under my cheesecakes both crust and crustless -- or a good parchment liner like ac suggests -- and sometimes i fold up aluminum foil to be a long flat 'thread' that runs underneath it and hangs up & over the sides a bit so you can loosen the cheesecake and get it out without messing it up -- cc freeze really well -- i usually don't use springform pans -- 

so you're making 2 cheesecakes to torte and make 4 layers? idk i would bake off four layers if it was me -- i would glue the layers together with ganache

best to you

Kirstncook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kirstncook Posted 28 Oct 2015 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 4

I am making a cake with 2 layers of cheesecake and 2 layers of  red velvet and cream cheese frosting between the layers. . I wasn't sure if u could freeze and torte the cheesecake or if I should just bake 2 thin ones. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%