Im a fresher with cake decors but have been baking for ages. My son loves police cars and fire trucks so thought to gift him with a fire engine cake for his birthday on Friday. Can you please help me in answering the below questions. My idea is to make the fire engine on a moist chocolate fudge cake
1. Should I use Marzipan and sugarpaste to cover the cake?
2. Which one should be coloured?
3. Is the fudge sufficient for sticking the marzipan or sugar paste to the cake?
4. If I have to use both, which should be first and what would be the intervals?
5. If both are to be used, can i use the fudge to stick them together or this is not required?
6. Can I complete this by Wednesday to cut on Friday?
Thankyou in advance
1. I'd use fondant
2. Both can be colored. Use food coloring gel or powder, not liquid
3. Should be. How high will the cake be?
4. Not sure what your question is. ..
5. Use the fudge to stick what together? The cake layers - yes. The fondant to the cake -yes
Thankyou very much. Does Mrzipan always have to be covered by a layer of fondant too or can Marzipan only be used to cover a cake? Does Marzipan covered cake dry out easily? Can it be stored for two days without drying?