The Games People Play

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 15 Oct 2015 , 2:26pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 20

my husband retired this year so we play a game or two of farkle almost every day after lunch -- it's just a fun dice game akin to yahtzee -- we try to play scrabble but it makes our brains ache -- but we do like word games

what do you play?

19 replies
Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 20

I play a game trying to guess each day what time I'll finish caking, cleaning up & all the rest and then getting to bed. I lose daily. Yours sounds way more fun:)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 20

hearts

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 20

grab-a$$!!! my husband and I are two old farts, acting foolish, and trying not to injure ourselves in the process! he is my best friend...we are completely compatible in all of our imperfections and oddities!  

-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 20

claire -- too funny

at some point  i added an extra day into the mix and then decided what time i'd quit everyday -- that gradually got earlier & earlier too -- farkle is definitely more fun!

mbalaska -- i can't remember playing hearts but i like the name -- good idea

virago -- sounds like a hoot! we are nearly compatible in all our imperfections -- except when we piss each other off royal -- i say that between the two of us we make up almost one fiull functioning person -- we're just short of a combination plate otherwise --

best to you all

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 20

Oh heck, no! We live together, we work together and we've been known to sleep together. When we get home, he plays his video game (he likes to shoot stuff) and I get on my computer.

When kiddos are around though, we LOVE to play pictionary or scrabble.

-K8memphis Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 1:23am
post #7 of 20

jgiff -- never played pictionary -- like i said scrabble causes pain -- maybe pictionary is more our speed hahahaha

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 2:40am
post #8 of 20

We play scrabble, Monopoly (the king of arguments lol), sequence, touble (cos I am a big kid at heart ) and a card game called cancun. We go through stages of playing heaps of games and then none for a while though. I also like snap because my reflexes are generally better than hubbies so I am almost gaurunteed the win and I am a sore loser lol. We also play games like 'who can nail the board on whatever we are building faster and who can saw the wood faster haha.

SimplyCakesNMore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyCakesNMore Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 2:55am
post #9 of 20

Palace!  It's a card game.  Please tell me someone has heard of it, lol.  And, of course, Diablo on the xbox.  :)

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 10:25am
post #10 of 20

My husband and I play lots of backgammon.  It's a nice game and depending on your and the other players strategy cab be played fast or slow. I normally beat him

-K8memphis Posted 14 Oct 2015 , 9:31pm
post #11 of 20

ok wait a minute -- this is either funny or sad or both i guess -- i play solitaire fiendishly and i never even mentioned it -- it's so ingrained in me -- i have a touch screen kindle and i have eight different solitaire games on there -- i get hooked on one or the other but for last year or so i've been playing scorpion ALL the time --

i go to sleep with it -- it is not back lit so i play solitaire until i finally get drowsy and get the light off quick and crash -- i can't believe i didn't mention that sooner duh on me --

bubs1st -- yes why is monopoly like that king of arguments for us too -- we also go through stages with this stuff -- lots of good competition at your house --

simplycakesn -- i have heard of palace...because you mentioned it here relaxed.png 

julia -- games where i win are my faves but i almost always beat my husband because we played games big time as a kid and i guess you can't make up time or something -- 

has anyone played BLITZ, also called DUTCH BLITZ -- great old time card game -- gotta be quick everyone plays at once -- i am the undisputed legend in my own mind queen of dutch blitz in my family -- but i've retired from active service hahahaha

SimplyCakesNMore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyCakesNMore Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 1:40am
post #12 of 20

Haha!  It's a blast.  Maybe one day I'll drive to Memphis and teach you.  Then you'll be addicted like me.  ;)  And you can teach me Blitz!

4laynes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4laynes Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 1:42am
post #13 of 20

Rummy or Skip-Bo here.  And jig-saw puzzles in the winter.

*Last edited by 4laynes on 15 Oct 2015 , 1:42am
-K8memphis Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 1:51am
post #14 of 20

simplycakesn  facepunch.png come on over it's a deal

4laynes -- we used to play skip bo i think -- love rummy -- was a wicked canasta player -- no patience for puzzles oh my no -- i always figured that i was looking for the missing piece

Norasmom2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom2 Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 2:09am
post #15 of 20

My little one is 8 so we play UNO a lot, as well as tic-tac-toe and Rummicube--she beats me at all of them.   Candy Crush is one of my favorite games, but it is so addictive!

I have a short attention span, so I don't play games that take a long time…I probably should to increase my attention.

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 2:56am
post #16 of 20

I saw Skip-bo! I love that game! Used to play it with family, about 8 of us doing team play, was fun! Now a days I play "don't eat the book" with my toddler and video games during his nap. I love scrabble, but hubby hates it so we don't play :(. He prefers his shooter games while I play Minecraft or an online game.

We both love a game of "Bang!" It's fun with 5 people. It's an Italian spaghetti western card game. We play it when we go to his boss' parties.

shaloop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaloop Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 3:13am
post #17 of 20

I have a 5 year old so we also play a lot of uno. Also Bubble talk which is like apples to apples but with pictures and captions. My teens like that one. Heads up, free game download on cell phone, but is a group game. Fun. But the house game is Scrabble. 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 4:43am
post #18 of 20

There is a very popular mancala game here called "Bao". People play it all day long, especially the elders.  A Bao master is a highly respected person in his area. Think it's arabic origin but nor sure. It's sort of funny because they take being competitive to a whole new level with this game. And it's only the men playing it. Probably it's similar to the cock fighting the men arrange in Indonesia a lot. Just that that is cruel and Bao is still social but fair.

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 5:04am
post #19 of 20

I don't know where my mind is, when I read the title I thought about that old games that people play song.  I love love board games, but uno and  monopoly is what me and my family play. 

-K8memphis Posted 15 Oct 2015 , 2:26pm
post #20 of 20

norasmom -- i love that your 8 year old can beat you -- i liked candy crush but i'm not buying those little dooeys -- i'm too cheap for that ;)

craftyb -- 'don't eat the book' is a rare game of invaluable measure -- most treasured status -- 'bang!' sounds good/interesting too

shaloop -- played a lot of uno -- you are scrabble lover #5 so far

julia -- i looked up bao and it's intriguing but alas i'm not the right gender hahahaha

littlej -- you are the third uno-er and monopoly-er

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%