Transporting 100 Cake Shooters

Business By ranestarr Updated 13 Oct 2015 , 3:17am by RobertBarnett

ranestarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranestarr Posted 10 Oct 2015 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I'm helping a friend do and event and I volunteered to make 200 shooters at my house but I'm wondering what's the best way to transport them to the location. I'm making 100 flan 2oz shots ( crumbled up vanilla cookie bottom with flan on top) and 100 2oz cake shots (crumbled up cake base, buttercream frosting on top, cake crumbs,  and then buttercream frosting on top again)  the event is in an outside park in South Florida. It's a BBq style baby shower. 

I was thinking of making the cake shots 2 days before the event and individually  suran wrapping  them and refrigerate  and then on location put the last layer last topper on?? 

4 replies
craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 11 Oct 2015 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't do the flan ones, flan needs to be refrigerated. See if you can't get cups that have lids. They are sometimes called portion cups, jello-shot cups, etc. Unless the topper is something that can't be refrigerated, then just have them ready to go so you don't have to re-assemble 200 shots when you get there. Have coolers to keep them chilled, it's too dang hot here otherwise! :)

You could probably do cake chunks, instead of crumbled cake too. Make a sheet, use a small cookie cutter and layer them in so they look pretty. Here are some examples: https://www.google.com/search?q=cake+shooter&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI34yE2ou7yAIVQioeCh1yFAn2&biw=1920&bih=913

Amps.prkns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amps.prkns Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 1:15am
post #3 of 5

I wouldn't individually Saran Wrap them- that would be so time consuming and a pain to have to take it all off. Find a box large enough for them to sit in there snugly and wrap the box. Even large cake pans or sheet pans work.  I wouldn't worry about it having to be refrigerate, it will probably be eaten before it has a chance to get warm. But you could transport it in a cooler with ice or dry ice if you're nervous about that. 

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 1:25am
post #4 of 5

Oh, and if you are worried about the icing, use part shortening part butter. It will hold up better in this heat!

@Amps.prkns depends on when they get there and how long until dessert, it's 80F by 10am here in Central Florida, prob more so in South Florida. But if they're just doing cake/buttercream, the prob doesn't need the cooler, but for flan, definitely. Flan is basically a custard.

RobertBarnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobertBarnett Posted 13 Oct 2015 , 3:17am
post #5 of 5

I would go to my local restraunt supply stores (the type that sells food for restraunts) and get 2oz. Portion cups with lids and do cake frosting cake frosting or cake frosting, cake strawberry and serve that. The can be stacked in a box and that makes them easy to transport.

robert

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%