Cake Pricing: Splurge Vs Steal

Business By Brookebakescake Updated 5 Oct 2015 , 2:30pm by LelekBolek

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 4 Oct 2015 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 4

I just saw this article and had a small heart attach before I read it.  I was afraid the "steal" cakes would cost about $1.50/serving.  Good news: the cheapest "steal" is $8.50/serving.  And it shows very realistic ways to keep your cake within budget  Score one for cake decorators :)

http://www.glamour.com/weddings/blogs/save-the-date/2013/04/splurge-vs-steal-wedding-cakes

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 2:11am
post #2 of 4

good to know somebody got it right -- i didn't read it all yet just skimmed the pricing & pictures -- looks like a really good comparison article -- thanks for posting, brooke

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 3:45am
post #3 of 4

Every baker who sells wedding cakes should print this out, date it, frame it, and put it up on the wall in the consultation room.

Thanks for posting!

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 5 Oct 2015 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 4

Brooke - thanks for posting!  I also was worried about "steal" being under $2. 

I just got shot down on an engagement cake deal, for charging about 4.50 per serving. I am not sore - I just wasn't going to work for free. I thought my price was more than reasonable. It is good to see this article. Sadly, customers don't do their "research" - beyond checking out  Wal Mart cake prices. 

In my offer, I'd mentioned that the bells-whistles-n-sparkle the lady wanted, were quite pricey to accomplish. Her "vision" cake was on a smaller size, too - much more work decorating (even just in material cost), for far less cake to eat.  

Oh well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%