Can We Bake More Than One Cake At A Time?

Baking By Nitu Updated 4 Oct 2005 , 5:18pm by Naty

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 5

I have a question.
Can we bake more than one cake but different sizes and flavors or same sizes and flavors at a time? (In one oven icon_redface.gif )
And if we can then what about suggested time for different or same type of recipes? Should we change the time and oven temperature? How can we set it all together?

Oh! I am confused.

Please help me.
Thanks
Nitu

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 5

I bake more then one, and different flavors at the same time.

What i do is the larger cakes go on the bottom rack, then the next size on the middle, and the smallest on the top. When i only had two racks i would just squeeze as much in as possible, keeping the smaller cakes to the front of the oven so i could pull them first.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 5

I have baked two round cakes at a time but that's about all I could get into one oven at a time!! I increase the baking time by about 10 minutes.I suppose if you had 2 or 3 ...6-inch pans you could.

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for helping me. I really appreciated.

Nitu

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 5

I haven't tried the idea of baking on the two racks. I just do 1 rack and have done one of each: 8 x 3, 6 x 3 and a 6" heart. I bake all my cakes (8" and larger) at 325 degrees. The 6" I know bakes at 350 but since I baked all at the same time, I did them all at 325. I just make sure I checked for the 6" to be done first. Which did happen, so I took it out and left the others in there till they were done.

Regards, Naty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%