Zoe Clarke Books - Sugar Knots?

Decorating By Kakie Updated 5 Sep 2015 , 3:34pm by Kakie

Kakie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kakie Posted 22 Aug 2015 , 7:34am
post #1 of 7

Hi, Please help - I need to make these sugar knots, but does anyone know how they're made, or if they're in one of Zoes books?

Thank you

6 replies
Kakie Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 7:41am
post #2 of 7

Oops, this is the picture of them!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7318418115535744/

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 7

they are really hard to see -- if that's all i had to go on -- i would make a small five petal blossom in thick fondant -- i'd thin one petal with my fingertips to roll up and use as the center then --i'd roll the rest of it out again to make more of a cup shape out of the middle section -- probably just stick it  in the middle with a large ball tool or dowel end -- i'd roll up one petal at a time to make the rest of it -- y'know thinning it with my fingers as needed -- but other than something like that -- the picture is too un-definite to make out the shape or if it's pulled sugar or some other medium -- hey modeling choco/candy clay might be great medium too or a fondant/candy clay combo--

got a better picture? a close up would be nice

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 7

i hope someone has more info for you -- like the book with her instructions and a close up --

fist bump

Norcalhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norcalhiker Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 7

They look more like little bows--like the bows they sell at Christmas time, but not as full.  Looks like 4 attached loops and 1 circle set on its side for the center  

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 8:31am
post #6 of 7

Norcalhiker, I was thinking the same thing. They look like little gift bows.

Kakie Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 8:38am
post #7 of 7

I agree Noralhiker, more like little bows than made with a blossom cutter.

The only thing I can think is to cut each loop individually from strips of icing, then piece each together with a circle backing for support. But they look so precise & uniform that they look like they'd be made from one cutter rather than uniform like that

Here's a better picture

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/368943394443315937/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%