sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 16 Sep 2015 , 5:05pm
post #31 of 74

Will do :)

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 16 Sep 2015 , 6:28pm
post #32 of 74

I never "dump" email, so in my email "hoard I discovered:

In am in Austin, TX metro area. I registered 1/7/15, 2/19/15 I was contacted to do a "fun" cake for twins on 3/18/15. I did it (posted in this thread), family was nice and thanked me, and Icing Smiles got contact that it was done and they were happy. BTW, Mom said it was agreed that it was the best cake anyone had ever had...:). Nothing since. 

I don't know the numbers they do, or what they do, but that is my experience to date. HTH.

Rita

sweettherapy Posted 26 Sep 2015 , 10:13pm
post #33 of 74

Woohoo!!! The day is here....leaving in about an hour to deliver but thought I would post a picture of what I did :)

thanks for all your responses!!

5607186cb4de7.jpeg

sweettherapy Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 12:10am
post #34 of 74

This was an amazing experience, the family was so nice and made a sign that indicated I donated the cake and wrote a very lovely thank you card. 

The little boy does not speak much but smiled when he saw the cake so I think I passed :) 

I definitely recommend bakers sign up with this organization and help spread the word to families that could use this service :) 

Brooke14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brooke14 Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 12:23am
post #35 of 74

Wow that's awesome!!! Great job. Im sure the family was more than pleased. 

Bobeba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bobeba Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 1:29am
post #36 of 74

I created an Icing Smiles cake in Canada this past summer and it is an amazing thing to be apart of. Check out the organization, even home bakers like myself can contribute.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 May 2017 , 1:25am
post #37 of 74

I am working on my very first Icing Smiles cake right now for delivery this weekend and I am so thrilled to be able to participate in this wonderful program.

Icing Smiles Bakers

sweettherapy Posted 17 May 2017 , 1:45am
post #38 of 74

Awesome! I finished another one this past weekend as well :) 

Icing Smiles BakersM

SandraSmiley Posted 18 May 2017 , 1:39am
post #39 of 74

Sweetherapy, you are a trooper!  It makes me crazy just to look at all those squares!  Good job!

sweettherapy Posted 18 May 2017 , 1:58am
post #40 of 74

Thank you! That was a nightmare and my first time so didn't realize what I was getting into until I started! Please post a pic when you are done :)

SandraSmiley Posted 18 May 2017 , 3:27am
post #41 of 74

As I said, you are a trooper!  I would not have even considered it!  I have not made the cakes, but finished Mickey today.  It is 10" tall and will fit against the top 8" double-barrel tier, resting on the bottom 10" tier (if that makes sense).  I put it on a plaque for easy removal prior to cutting the cake.  It is a pain in the butt, but I really like 2D images.Icing Smiles Bakers

Shanelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanelly Posted 18 May 2017 , 3:48am
post #42 of 74

Everyone's cakes look so good, you guys are amazing!  I would love to donate a cake,  but mine arent near as good as the ones I have seen donated.  I will definitely donate when I get better though!  

@SandraSmiley ‍ That Mickey mouse is awesome!  I can't wait to see the finished cake! 

SandraSmiley Posted 18 May 2017 , 3:57am
post #43 of 74

Thank you for your sweet compliment, @Shanelly!  Anyone can make cakes for Icing Smiles...oh, that is if they can bake, haha.  They have different levels of cakes, not all are large, elaborately decorated.  It could be a one tier German chocolate or a simple yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  If you are not comfortable, though, give yourself time.  It will still be there when you are ready!

SandraSmiley Posted 21 May 2017 , 9:41pm
post #44 of 74

Just delivered my very first Icing Smiles cake and I really hope I get another call soon!  

The bottom tier is 10" x 6" rich chocolate with chocolate buttercream filling and frosting, the top is 8" x 11" double barrel French vanilla with vanilla buttercream filling and frosting.  The cake is covered with homemade LMF and a bit of wafer paper for texture on the top tier.  The Mickey Mouse plaque is removable for a souvenir, but everything is edible except the wires in the black berries, the cake dowels and the cardboard backing for the Mickey plaque.Icing Smiles Bakers

Shanelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanelly Posted 21 May 2017 , 9:44pm
post #45 of 74

@SandraSmiley ‍ that looks amazing! I bet they loved it, good job! 

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 21 May 2017 , 10:08pm
post #46 of 74

Love your Mickey Mouse @SandraSmiley ‍ !  He really pops against the plaque :-) 

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 21 May 2017 , 11:19pm
post #47 of 74

That is amazing! LOVE it! I had never heard of such a thing, so I've been sitting here reading these. How do you go about finding out if this is something I can do here in TN? 

@SandraSmiley ‍ Amazing work as usual! Love how Mickey is standing off the cake!

Brooke14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brooke14 Posted 21 May 2017 , 11:25pm
post #48 of 74

I am from TN and I have donated one cake and been asked three times. I was unavailable the other two times and had to turn it down. Go to the website for Icing Smiles and sign up.

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 21 May 2017 , 11:29pm
post #49 of 74

Thanks @Brooke14 ‍ , I'm on their website currently! =)

SandraSmiley Posted 22 May 2017 , 12:07am
post #50 of 74

Thank you so much, @kstevens ‍!  I spent so much time on that Mickey!  I could have made models of Mickey and all his friends in the same time, I think, haha! 

SandraSmiley Posted 22 May 2017 , 12:12am
post #51 of 74

Thank you, @GIGGLEBOX2014 ‍!  Where are you and @Brooke14 ‍ located?  I live in Ashland City, about 30 miles West of Nashville!  @GIGGLEBOX2014 ‍, if you sign up for Icing Smiles but don't get a confirmation back from them, let me know.  I signed up several times, but never heard a thing.  By happenstance, I am on a cake site with the lady who is currently President of Icing Smiles (or was...may not be still) and she helped me get signed up.

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 22 May 2017 , 12:33am
post #52 of 74

I just checked my email @SandraSmiley ‍ and I have a confirmation of signing up as a Volunteer. Yay! I'm glad I ran across this! I was hoping to find orphanages or something along those lines near by as well that I could help but I'm unsure where to look. 

I'm about I'm about 60 or so miles West of Knoxville, or atleast I drive 60 miles East to get to Knoxville. lol! joy

SandraSmiley Posted 22 May 2017 , 1:17am
post #53 of 74

Oh shucks, @GIGGLEBOX2014 ‍!  I was hoping we lived close enough to play cake together!  Congrats on getting signed up.  Don't get discouraged if you don't get a call right away.  This is my first and I've been a member for about a year. 

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 22 May 2017 , 1:42am
post #54 of 74

@SandraSmiley ‍ I won't, I read the F&Q's and it had mentioned that. If I'm correct I'm about 1h45m/2hr from Nashville.

SandraSmiley Posted 22 May 2017 , 2:52am
post #55 of 74

Do you live in Cookville, @GIGGLEBOX2014 ‍ ?

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 22 May 2017 , 3:09am
post #56 of 74

CLOSE TO IT! lol

SandraSmiley Posted 22 May 2017 , 3:50pm
post #57 of 74

Still too far for cake play  :o(

SandraSmiley Posted 22 May 2017 , 3:50pm
post #58 of 74

Still too far for cake play  :o(