Alcohol Filled Chocolates

Decorating By qtrican Updated 16 Aug 2015 , 9:52pm by Shockolata

qtrican Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtrican Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 4

I would like to make some alcohol filled chocolates for an adult only party. I have seen some youtube videos with 3 different ways to do it.  I'm hoping someone has used any of these techniques and can let me know how they worked for you.

1) mixed baileys, frangelico & 151 with powdered sugar then frozen for 10 minutes. -- Did these freeze and do they need to remain frozen until eaten?

2) mix alcohol with 2 packets gelatin cut into chips when cooled and cover chips with chocolate

3) cornstarch & flour crust -- this one requires making wells and filling them with a simple syrup alcohol mixture and allowing it to sit for 24 hours to create a shell. Video says this is a very delicate shell and breakage is very likely.

Can anyone tell me if they had success of failures using these techniques and if there was any issues with the flavors of the alcohols being effected?

Thanks!

3 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 3:15am
post #2 of 4

You can buy a product called invertase which converts solid fondant etc to liquid after a short period of time. I would suggest that you could add alcohol to icing sugar to make a think paste and fill the chocolates with this (of course you need to add the invertase aswell). Seal with chocolate, leave for a few days and you should have chocolate liquers. I have not used it with alcohol but can't see why it wouldn't work.

qtrican Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtrican Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 9:33am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the info! I will look for it.

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 4

Alcohol does not freeze.

I would temper chocolate and pour some into chocolate moulds, shake the excess off and wipe the tops to ensure a clean finish. Then whilst that was setting, I would mix icing sugar with alcohol so it resembles a soft fondant. I would then pop a ball of this fondant in the chocolate moulds that already have a nice covering of chocolate and top up with chocolate and let set. 

Try it out and see! 

When I make my chocolates, I make chocolate ganache, split it in portions and flavour each with different alcohols. Then it is simply a matter of filling each chocolate casing with the right ganache. I prefer it to having alcohol burst out of the chocolate when you bite into it and making a mess :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%