Sugar Windowsill

Decorating By adoo67 Updated 7 Aug 2015 , 5:19pm by icingimages

adoo67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adoo67 Posted 30 Jul 2015 , 9:38am
post #1 of 8

Hello dear cakers,

I want to decorate a cake look like this building,i don't have any ideas how to make windowsills,i need ergent help please!!!

55b9f07f4501c.jpeg

7 replies
adoo67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adoo67 Posted 30 Jul 2015 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone????!!!!

Judymac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Judymac Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 7:34am
post #3 of 8

Hi Adoo67,  

Am not clear re what type of help you need...but hoping the following ideas might assist.

For the windows...perhaps you could try casting a thin layer of blue tinted isomalt into small squares of silicon....then join & surround the window panes with thin strips of black tinted isomalt.

For the white colums, flowerboxes, and other window/wall decorations.....I think all I'd do is sculpture the cake to include the various shapes required......smooth & sharpen the shaped cake with a firm ganache coating....cover ganached cake with fondant....and stick extra fondant strips over fondant where needed to acheive extra depth.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 8

melt some blue jolly ranchers -- they come in blue don't they?

wait you mean the layered cream colored parts? draw a template and onto the base of the building lay the first piece down -- looks like it will be much thicker than the ones following -- then lay the next smaller one on top of that then the rest -- glue by moistening the pieces together -- pieces should be very dry before applying -- or use modeling chocolate because it doesn't stretch --

best building to you

-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 8

eww but the top piece is going to be a lulu - oh gosh all those corners are mitered -- mike mcacarey could do this cake easy peasy but it's a killer -- way too many mitered corners for my pay grade

-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 3:19pm
post #6 of 8

i think i would draw it

-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 8

ok the horizontal ones -- you could just make rectangles to stack on top of each other -- i'd use very crispy fondant* or gum paste --

the three rounded ones -- i'd do them in several additional steps -- i'd do the rounded parts then the straight ends -- i would make formers and place the different thicknesses just for the rounded part (seen in the middle above the window) so that after drying i could assemble and sand off the excess to get down to the correct angle -- and be drying the edges at the same time and assemble and sand those off -- i'd also be prepared to add a little decorating license to pipe over that -- a miter is one thing but 20 miters per window with half of them in a curve -- c'mon -- yoiks

*fondant treated to get crispy with cornstarch/tylose/gum paste -- i like to start with fondant because it has a teensy bit of give where it doesn't tend to crack as easy as straight gum paste or pastillage

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 5:19pm
post #8 of 8

DECOgel is great for windows and glass!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%